What is omega?
"Omega" is a word of Greek origin that has a wide range of meanings and applications in various disciplines. Let us consider in more detail each word meaning.
What is omega: the meaning of the word
- First of all, omega is 24 in the letter of the Greek alphabet (Ω is a capital, ω is a lower case). In the system of writing Greek numbers and numbers, which was also borrowed by the Cyrillic number system, omega has a number value of 800. Omega is the last letter of the Greek alphabet and in the figurative sense very often has the value of the extreme limit or end of something. No wonder there is a combination of "alpha and omega", literally meaning "beginning and end", "from and to".
- The capital letter omega is used in physics to write the unit of electrical resistance - Ohms according to the international SI. In probability theory, the same letter is a symbol for designating the space of elementary events.
- The lower case letter omega is also applicable in physics to designate a circular oscillation frequency, a mass fraction of a substance, and an angular velocity.
- The symbol "omega" is widely used in geometry, where it can designate some elements of geometric figures (for example, angles), as well as in algebra, being a universal code for encoding positive integers.
- In computer science, omega is applicable as the name of a programming language - Cw or Comega. Pronounced like this: "B omega."
- In astronomy, the word "omega" is called the nebula in the constellation Taurus, or they denote clusters of stars in some constellations.
- In the modern world, "omega" appears in the name of some technical devices, for example, the radio "Omega" or Omega - the radio navigation system. Omega is found in the name of some cars, for example, Opel Omega.
There are also useful acids called Omega-3 and Omega-6.
The growth rate of income of various companies
What is physalis
Unusual wedding in English style to be remembered by all
How to calculate the average monthly salary
The most erotic scenes from movies
Secrets of cooking phali in Georgian
Who is suitable for a haircut with a shaved temple