Useful properties of linseed porridge
A variety of porridges have long been included in our diet. Some we eat often, for example buckwheat, oatmeal, rice. Others are less common, such as barley. But there are such varieties of cereals that were previously included in the menu, and now undeservedly forgotten.
Linen porridge is a vivid example of a healthy product that is popular in Western European countries cultivating a healthy lifestyle, but completely overlooked by most nutritionists and ordinary consumers in our country. But even in England, famous for its adherence to traditions, porridge from flax competes with oatmeal competently.
About the product
Flax porridge made from flax seeds is a useful dietary product, which has healing properties due to the presence in its composition of many valuable substances that remain, despite the method of heat treatment of the seed.
Regular inclusion of this product in the menu allows you to saturate the body with the necessary substances for its full and healthy functioning, such as antioxidants, vitamins and trace elements, to clear from slags and toxins. What is especially valuable cereal from flax?
Unique components that rank it with sea fish - omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids. The product even surpasses fish in the content of these substances, which are so necessary for the body, and allows you to replace the tasteless, but very useful, fish oil with a tasty linen porridge, even more useful.
We list the remaining components of this amazing cereal, affecting its nutritional value. So the product is rich in vitamins A and E, vitamins of group B, polyunsaturated fatty acids. He is a record holder in the content of trace elements - calcium and magnesium, manganese and zinc, iron and molybdenum, copper and chromium, phosphorus and potassium.
Vegetative hormones, in the amount of more than seven hundred, make the porridge anti-allergenic, and its pure caloric content is very low, which makes it possible to use valuable cereal in the diet for weight loss. This is only 82 kcal per hundred grams. If other ingredients are present in the product, its caloric content may vary.
Mega flax porridge is useful for the human body, because it has preventive and healing properties. Invaluable role in stimulating the work of internal organs.In the treatment of many diseases, varying in severity, it is recommended as an additional important element of therapy. The main valuable qualities include the following:
- Reduction of cholesterol, normalization of pressure, activation of metabolism due to the optimal ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Dissolving, softening and excretion of sputum in diseases such as pneumonia, bronchitis and pleurisy, because flax porridge is an effective expectorant.
- Antioxidant and anti-allergenic effects, due to the presence of plant hormones and lignans - phenolic compounds in the composition, which are especially useful for allergy sufferers suffering from allergies of various origin, patients with oncology, patients with cardiovascular diseases.
- Beneficial effect on the work of the intestines, with a slight laxative and enveloping effect, due to dietary fiber, which is recommended for inclusion in the diet for those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract, constipation, including the presence of the following diseases - ulcer and gastritis, cholecystitis and colitis, hepatitis and hemorrhoids.
- Gradual normalization of blood sugar, prevention of diabetes, with a daily intake of food in only one portion of the product.
- Assistance to the process of testosterone production in representatives of the strong half of humanity and the fight against impotence.
- Replenish the body with vegetable proteins with a mass of amino acids. This is especially true for active people, vegetarians and those who keep fasting. Porridge is also necessary for those who are forced to follow a diet for medical reasons, removing animal foods rich in protein from the diet.
- Excretion of toxins and radionuclides from the body as a consequence of irradiation.
- Use as an auxiliary therapeutic agent in the treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system, such as nephritis, cystitis, kidney stones and others.
- Strong antiparasitic effect on a number of worms.
- Countering viruses and fungi.
Advantages of the introduction of the product in the diet
They are felt by everyone who tried to include linseed porridge in the daily menu. But it is worth noting that men are not ardent supporters of a product with a specific taste and texture, in contrast to women, more patient and rational, due to frequent "dieting".
It is they who test all the innovations on themselves, so we list the useful properties of porridge for beautiful women. What is the use of the product:
- weight loss in a short time without damage to health, due to the small number of calories and a successful ratio of nutrients, which include proteins, fats and carbohydrates;
- improvement of the hair and skin, nails, as a result of collagen synthesis;
- getting rid of premenstrual syndrome and menstrual pain;
- saturation with vitamins and microelements of the body during pregnancy and feeding, which is useful for maintaining a woman’s health, but only with the permission of a doctor to take a herbal supplement.
Cons and Contraindications
There are no contraindications to the use of the product, which is confirmed by numerous studies. However, harm is possible if the following factors are not taken into account:
- Individual intolerance to flax or other components of the product. There may be a negative reaction.
- Allergy to artificial additives in the form of sweeteners, dyes, fruits. Despite the rarity of such a reaction, one should try to exclude the possibility of its occurrence by choosing a pure product in the trading network or trying to cook porridge on its own.
- Overdose is also not desirable.Any product, even the most useful, is good in moderation. Cyanogenic glycosides that make up the porridge, only in a small dose contribute to the normalization of metabolism.
- It is necessary to take into account the saturation of porridge with fiber, starting its introduction into the diet from small doses, accompanied by an increase in the volume of liquid drunk.
Modern manufacturers of flax cereals do not cease to amaze consumers with an increase in their range, constantly adding various additives to a pure product to enhance the healing effect on the body. For example, you can meet in the trading network such options:
- flax cereal with amaranth seeds, contributing to the increase in gastric secretion, normalization of acidity, strengthening the immune system, purification from toxins, getting rid of viruses and carcinogens, cell rejuvenation, prevention of malignant tumors and diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- flax porridge with sesame, positively affecting the liver and kidneys, stomach and intestines, thyroid gland, strengthening the immune system, activating brain activity, normalizing sugar, preventing diabetes, reducing weight;
- a thistle product that helps in recuperation after a long illness, elimination of toxins, stimulation of the immune system and liver functions; improving the condition of the skin.
We offer a recipe for cooking porridge at home in the amount of one serving. You should take three tablespoons of unroasted flaxseeds, grind them into flour in any convenient way, pour into a deep container, pour a small amount of liquid. Use water at room temperature. Then mix until uniform, introducing the liquid portionwise until the desired consistency is obtained, and insist for twenty minutes.
The resulting product can be eaten, flavored at will with honey, nuts, berries or fruits. The benefit of instant porridge is somewhat lower, due to the loss of some of the healing properties during the steam treatment of seeds. But it is not dangerous to health in terms of the technological process. Alertness can only cause additives to it in the form of sugar, food colors, flavor enhancers.
Before introducing the product into the diet, pay attention to the following:
- it is desirable to get a “good” for eating porridge from a doctor, assessing the possibility of side effects and the degree of its usefulness to your body;
- to preserve the beneficial properties in full, the porridge is not cooked, but only filled with water of the desired temperature;
- carefully select the product from trusted manufacturers, and better cook yourself;
- control the amount of liquid in the preparation, given the good absorbency of flax flour;
- the frequency of use of the product depends on the purpose, whether prophylactic or therapeutic, but ideally - daily for breakfast.
Linen porridge is a wonderful product for maintaining excellent shape, health and good mood for many years, if you follow the rules of administration and dosage. Eat porridge from flax and get excellent results!
What is a guitar
How to choose office partitions
Developing a child’s sense of responsibility
What to see Teasers serials House of Cards and Enmity
How to calculate a cubic meter