Laws of etiquette: 18 rules that you MUST know!
1. Never come to visit without a call. If you are visited without warning, you can afford to be in a bathrobe and hair curlers. One British lady said that when the uninvited guests arrived, she always puts on her shoes, a hat and takes an umbrella. If a person is pleasant to her, she will exclaim: "Oh, how fortunate, I just came!". If unpleasant: "Oh, what a pity, I must go."
2. The umbrella is never dried open - neither in the office nor on a visit. It must be folded and put in a special stand or hang.
3. The bag can not be put on your knees or on your chair. A small, elegant clutch bag can be put on the table, a large bag can be hung on the back of a chair or put on the floor if there is no special chair (these are often served in restaurants). Briefcase put on the floor.
4. Cellophane bags are permissible only upon return from the supermarket, as well as paper branded bags from boutiques. To carry them with you as a bag is zhlobstvo.
5.A man never carries a woman's bag. And he takes a woman's coat only in order to convey to the locker room.
6. Home clothes - it's trousers and a sweater, comfortable, but having a decent appearance. The robe and pajamas are designed to reach the bathroom in the morning, and in the evening - from the bathroom to the bedroom.
7. From the moment the child settles in a separate room, learn how to knock, going to him. Then he will do the same before entering your bedroom.
8. A woman may not take off her hat and gloves, but not the hat and mittens.
9. The total number of jewelry under the international protocol should not exceed 13 items, and this includes jewelry buttons. Do not put a ring on top of gloves, but the bracelet is allowable. The darker the street, the more expensive the decoration. Diamonds used to be considered an ornament for the evening and married ladies, but recently it has become permissible to wear diamonds during the day. On a young girl, diamond studs with about 0.25 carats are quite appropriate.
10. Rules for paying for an order in a restaurant: if you pronounce the phrase “I invite you,” it means you pay. If a woman invites a business partner to a restaurant, she pays.Another wording: “Let's go to a restaurant,” - in this case, everyone pays for himself, and only if the man himself offers to pay for the woman, can she agree.
11. The man is always the first to enter the elevator, but the first one who comes closer to the door is the first to come out.
12. In the car, the most prestigious is the place behind the driver, it is occupied by a woman, a man sits down next to her, and when he gets out of the car, he holds the door and gives the lady a hand. If a man sits behind the wheel, the woman is also preferable to take a seat behind him. However, wherever the woman is sitting, the man must open the door in front of her and help him out. In the business etiquette of late, men are increasingly violating this norm, using the feminist motto: "There are no women and men in business."
13. To speak publicly that you are on a diet is a bad form. Moreover, it is impossible under this pretext to refuse the dishes offered by the hospitable hostess. Be sure to praise her culinary talents, while you can not eat anything. You should also deal with alcohol. Do not tell everyone why you can not drink. Ask for white dry wine and lightly sip.
14.Topics taboo for small talk: politics, religion, health, money. An inappropriate question: “God, what a dress! How much did you pay? ” How to react? Smile a smile: "This is a gift!". Transfer the conversation to another topic. If the other person insists, gently say: "I would not want to talk about it."
15. Every person who has reached the age of 12 is entitled to apply to "you". It's disgusting to hear people say "you" to waiters or chauffeurs. Even to those people with whom you are well acquainted, in the office it is better to turn to “you”, to “you” - only in private. Exception - if you are peers or close friends. How to react if the interlocutor persistently "pokes" you? First ask: "Excuse me, are you turning to me?". Otherwise, a neutral shrug: "Sorry, but we did not switch to" you. "
16. Discussing the absent, that is, simply gossiping is unacceptable. It is not allowed to talk badly about relatives, in particular, to discuss husbands, as is customary in our country. If the husband is bad - why are you not going to divorce him? And just as it is impermissible with contempt, with a grimace to talk about your native country. "In this country, all the goons ..." - in this case you also belong to this category of people.
17.Coming to the cinema, the theater, to the concert go to their places should only face to seated. The first man passes.
18. Nine things should be kept secret: age, wealth, the gap in the house, prayer, the composition of the medicine, a love affair, a gift, honor and dishonor.
And finally - Jack Nicholson on the rules of good tone:
“I am very sensitive to the rules of good tone. How to pass a plate. Do not shout from one room to another. Do not open the closed door without knocking. Skip ahead lady. The goal of all these countless simple rules is to make life better. We can not live in a state of chronic war with parents - it's stupid. I carefully monitor my manners. This is not an abstraction. This is an understandable language for mutual respect. "
How to play the piano
Easter chickens from magazine tubes
Fans did not appreciate the dress Miley Cyrus, comparing it with a washcloth
How to pickle trout
What advise from alcohol to take a picnic