The paper model of the tank Panzerkampfwagen VIII «Maus»
The paper model of the Panzerkampfwagen VIII "Maus"tank (German: Maus - «mouse»,alsousedthenames«Maus» and Porsche 205) - a super-heavy tank designed in the Third Reich during from 1942 to 1945 under the leadership of Ferdinand Porsche. It is the largest tank of all those ever embodied in metal (combat weight - 188 tons). It was built only two copies of the machine. At the moment, only one copy of the Maus tank in the Armored Museum in Kubinka, assembled from parts of captured vehicles, has been preserved in the world.
Materials and tools:
- scissors, paper knife, drawing ruler
- glue brushes and paint;
- watercolors (or pencils), toothpicks;
- clear acrylic glue ("Moment", etc.);
- to print the model matte photo paper with a density of 170-180 g / m2; for small parts - 70-80 g / m2.
- Before you assemble the part, read the drawings and instructions. Determine the place of each part and imagine its assembly;
- Make holes in details before cutting out the part;
- Cut only the part (s) you need right now. Unpacked items in a box, and unused sheets in a closed folder (as an option). Throwing out trash after work, carefully inspect the scrap paper;
- To better fold the part, it is necessary to hold the ruler along the fold line, pressing lightly with the blunt side of the knife or a toothpick so as not to damage the paper surface. Better to do it from the wrong side of the part;
- Keep your fingers clean and be sure to use wipes to wipe your hands, because hands may get dirty in the process;
- wind up cylindrical parts before gluing onto a round object of a suitable diameter, this will give them shape;
- Before gluing it is necessary to paint the ends of the part. White crop lines spoil the overall look of the model. To paint the ends, use watercolors or gouache paints. After selecting the desired color, apply them in a thin layer, then allow the paint to dry. About markers better to forget;
- Take your time with gluing. First, cut out the part, paint it from the end, wait for the paint to dry, assemble the part. Attach it to the place where it should be to make sure everything is done correctly.And only then stick. Do not forget to let the glue dry.
A bit of history
German tank Panzerkampfwagen VIII «Maus»
Even before the start of the Great Patriotic War, the German special services began to receive information about Soviet miracle tanks, which possess truly transcendent data. In turn, the Soviet foreign intelligence periodically intercepted these rumors. After the outbreak of the war and the meeting of the Germans with the Soviet KV tanks, the command of the Wehrmacht took these rumors very seriously. One of the consequences of this was the project of a breakthrough tank, which received the index VK 70.01. Planned frontal armor with a thickness of 140 mm and the engine from a torpedo boat with a capacity of 1000 hp The development of this monster led concern Krupp. In April 1942, the tank received the index VK 72.01 (K) and the designation Pz.Kpfw. Lowe (&Loe»).ButbyMayofthisyear,Hitlerhadanewfavorite,andinJune1942theproject«Leo» was closed.
This favorite was a heavy tank «Maus»Prof.Porsche.Thecontractforitsdevelopmentwasconcludedin1942.Porschewastobuildatankweighing160tons,armedwithtwoguns(150and105mm),withfrontalarmor200mmthickandonboard—180mm.Theprojectwasnamed«Mammoth»(«Mammut»).However,thenamealreadyappearedinthecorrespondencesincesummer«Littlemouse»(«Mauschen»),whichintheautumnof1942wastransformedintothenowknowntous-«Maus». Ferdinand Porsche was responsible only for developing the combat vehicle, Albert Speer was to introduce it into production.
It was not possible to keep within the specified limits of Porsche’s mass. The desire to create a machine that was as secure as possible from all sides, as well as problems with the layout, was the reason that, as a result, &mquo;Maus»weighed188tons.Suchaburdencouldnotwithstandtheexistingbridges,sothecreatorsofthetankimmediatelymadeitsdesignassafeaspossiblefrompenetrationofmoistureanddevelopedasystemofunderwaterwalking.Theoretically,thetankcouldovercomewaterobstaclestoadepthof8meters,butinreality,thisoption,apparently,wasnottested.Sincethetransmissionofthetankwaselectric,theoptionofpoweringitwaspossible» tank, moving along the bottom of the reservoir, from another tank, standing on the shore, on the electrical wires.
Patency «Maus»alsoleftmuchtobedesired.ThereportsonthetestrunsinBöblingengiveheranoverlypositiveassessment.Forexample,itsaysthatevenwhenthecaterpillarswereimmersedinthegroundupto50cm,thetankremainedmobile.Atthesametime,heissilentaboutthefactthatpracticallyallthe100kilometersofthewaytothetest,thecarpassedalongroadsandsolidground.Andtheonlytestcaseofbadroadsendedinthat«Maus» stuck on top of the hull. They were able to pull the tank onto solid ground only a day after it was dug out by soldiers.
Problems with mobility and maneuverability «Maus»Theyweretheresultofthedesireofdesignerstocreateatankinvulnerabletoenemyshells.Andtosomeextenttheysucceeded:thearmoredcar’ssecurityfromartilleryfirewashigh,but«indestructible»Ofcourse,hewasnot.Perhapstheonlythingwithwhichthetankstoodoutamongitspeers—itsmaingunof128mmcaliber.Thisgunisguaranteedtopenetrateanyenemytankfromdistancesupto2500meters.Sucharesultcouldnotboastofanytankoftheanti-Hitlercoalition.True,theloadingofthegunwasseparate,sotherateoffirewaslimitedtothreeshotsperminute.Thesecondgunof75mmcaliberwasintendedforshootingat“small”»targetsnotworthyofthemaincannonshot.Tower«Maus» it turned very slowly, so at different stages of the design various weapons were tried on the tank, up to exotic on-board flamethrowers (they were still refused from the final draft). It was supposed to install machine guns (including anti-aircraft), but in the final version of the tank they were missing.
Checking how the “Maus” war will be fought failed. One of the prototypes of the tank was sent to Stamlager, where he was to defend the General Headquarters of the German General Staff. The car was included in the forces that guarded the headquarters. However, at present there is no information whether this «Maus»tobattle.ItwasdiscoveredbySoviettroopsalreadyblownup.Thestrongestexplosiontorethetowerandtoreoutthesidearmoredbody.Thesecondprototype,withamass-dimensionalmodelofthetower,wasfoundattheKummersdorftestsite.Thecarwaspartiallydismantledandnotonthemove,onitsbodytherewereseveralmarksfromhitsoflarge-calibershells(withoutpenetration).Apparently,theGermansthemselvesfiredatthistank.Bothfoundprototypes«Maus»werestudiedandsenttotheUSSR,whereoneoftheremainsoftwotankswasmanaged.Nowadays,itcanbeseeninKubinkaamongtheexhibitsofthemuseumofarmoredtroops.This«Maus» is the body of the first prototype (from the polygon), on which the tower of the second (blown up) is installed, which has survived relatively well.
«Maus» attracted the attention of not only Soviet engineers, but also specialists from other countries. For example, the British got a lot of materials about the tank, which are currently stored in the tank museum in Bovington. The first to know about the existence of the German superheavy tank learned, oddly enough, the French. January 5, 1945, a report on the interrogation of Pankrat Zeiss, a prisoner of war, accompanying the work on tank units at the plant Nibelungenwerk. The German engineer correctly indicated the name of the secret tank and spoke a little about it.
Brooklyn Beckham surprised father to tears
What dreams of ears
This is a new day in Moscow, or Ivan Urgant quail La La Land
Fashionable skirts 2015
Spring holidays in 2015: how to spend
Top ten people with amazing abilities
How to disable Super Bit