Medicinal properties of the plant Eleutherococcus
For several thousand years, man has been using plants for medicinal purposes. Provided proper collection, storage and use, they are really able to cure a huge number of diseases. Today we will talk about Eleutherococcus. Unsightly in appearance shrub has a wide spectrum of action and is often used in traditional medicine. Let's find out more about this.
Eleutherococcus is a "lush" bush with prickles. It can reach 4 m in height and actively grow. In the period of flowering on the plant appear small, but strongly smelling flowers, and after - small fruits. But it is worth being careful, the berries are poisonous and unfit for consumption. The main raw material used for medicinal purposes is the root.
The plant's habitat is the Far East, as well as Asian countries - China, Japan, Korea. But experienced gardeners have learned how to successfully cultivate Eleutherococcus in many latitudes, however, they began to use it in our country not so long ago.Only in the 60s of the last century did Soviet scientists reveal its beneficial properties and began to replace ginseng based preparations with it.
What is so useful for this plant?
- It increases the body's defenses, protecting against the harmful external effects that cause stress, weakening of the immune system and various diseases. The plant is recognized as one of the effective antiradiation, anti-toxic and immunomodulatory agents, which are often used in the process of chemotherapy to maintain the health of the body.
- It has a stimulating effect on the nervous system, increasing endurance, activity, improving brain function, eliminating manifestations of apathy and fatigue.
- Eleutherococcus is able to affect the hormonal system and the functioning of the genital organs, reducing the negative effects of menopause, increasing reproductive health and eliminating problems with the irregular menstrual cycle in women. For men, the plant is useful in that it increases the potency and sexual activity.
- Eleutherosides, which have no analogues in other plants, are able to penetrate into the cells, lowering the level of sugar in the blood and increasing the pressure.
- It helps the speedy healing of wounds, and also helps to delay the development of tumors.
In what cases can I use?
Preparations based on eleutherococcus have the following indications:
- nervous exhaustion, depression, chronic fatigue;
- blurred vision and hearing;
- rehabilitation period after surgical interventions or chemotherapy courses;
- diabetes in the initial stage;
- hypotension, arrhythmia;
- problems with potency in men and conception in women (as part of complex therapy);
- trauma to the skin.
But, as in the case of the use of other drugs, the appointment of Eleutherococcus should be made by a doctor after consultation.
Recommendations for use
You can buy eleutherococcus in pharmacies. It has various forms:
- dried roots of the plant;
- capsules or tablets.
Now let's see how to apply them correctly.
Preparations in the form of tablets should be taken according to the instructions. Usually the daily dose is 4 tablets. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Liquid extract or less concentrated tinctures drink 15-40 drops 30 minutes before meals for a month.For topical use, a few drops are added to regular cream.
From the dried roots, you can make a decoction: 5 tbsp. raw materials pour 1 liter of water, boil for 10 minutes, cool and filter. Drink to enhance cerebral and physical activity on ½ tbsp. three times a day.
Also, the dry extract can be added to regular tea. It will help in the off-season to avoid manifestations of beriberi and increase immunity.
Who better to abstain?
Subject to the rules of reception of Eleutherococcus, side effects are minimized. But some contraindications are still there:
- the period of pregnancy and lactation;
- acute stage of infectious diseases;
The rest of eleutherococcus is an indispensable natural tonic that will help get rid of many health problems and feel great always.
Pancakes with holes on milk to Pancake week
Is it possible to practice yoga with hernia of the spine
How to get to Moscow airports
Fans did not appreciate the dress Miley Cyrus, comparing it with a washcloth
What to give for Valentine's Day