Hypertension - symptoms, prevention, treatment
About this disease have not heard, probably, only lazy. According to statistics, about 7 million people die of hypertension every year in the world, and more than 1 million make a similar diagnosis. How dangerous this problem is and how it manifests itself will be explained later.
Hypertension is often called the “invisible killer,” and all because its initial symptoms often cause no serious suspicion. They are similar to manifestations of fatigue, because many people tend to write off everything just for fatigue, losing time. And this leads to the development of complications.
Medical research confirms that high blood pressure is one of the reasons for the development of complications of diseases of the cardiovascular system, up to and including the occurrence of heart attack and stroke, as well as renal failure and visual impairment.
To determine the problem, no special studies are needed, it is enough to measure pressure regularly.Especially if such symptoms as:
These manifestations may appear, and then pass for some time. This is misleading to many who believe that this is just a short-term deterioration in health, linking it with various factors.
Where does it come from?
The treachery of hypertension is impressive. Therefore, even the presence of several systematically manifested symptoms is a reason for an immediate visit to the doctor.
Especially the crisis age when the risk of developing the disease increases - 35-50 years for men, and the period of menopause in women. The diagnosis is made when the level of blood pressure is at 140/90 mm Hg. and higher.
What are the causes of this increase?
- Heredity. If someone in the family suffered from a similar problem, then the probability of passing it on to the next generations is large enough.
- Stress. This external factor provokes the release of a large amount of adrenaline, which leads to an increase in myocardial contractions and an increase in the rate of blood pumping.
- Disorders of the central nervous system and the vegetative-vascular system.
- Problems with metabolism at the cellular level.
- Overweight.People suffering from extra pounds, 3-4 times more often reveal high blood pressure. And all because the heart has to increase its power in order to provide an increased body in volume. And this leads to irreversible consequences.
- Bad habits (in particular, smoking) and a sedentary lifestyle.
All this is the cause of myocardial hypertrophy, its premature "wear" and poor performance, and hence a decrease in the supply of nutrients to other organs.
How to help?
Treatment of hypertension is a rather complicated process, which is complicated by the fact that full recovery is not possible. But, in any case, relieve attacks can and should be. A detailed list of drugs that are selected individually, can only give the attending physician. Self-medication in this case is contraindicated.
If it is stage 1 hypertension, then non-pharmacological therapy is possible using folk remedies.
For example, one of the effective means is the beet juice. In 1 tbsp. fresh juice should be added 1 tablespoon. honey, and take 5 times a day.
Tea from currant leaves and berries can also help.
To combat high blood pressure, it is recommended to drink green tea, dairy products, and watermelon.
A great start to the day without headaches and indisposition will make possible a glass of water with the addition of 1 tbsp. l. honey.
Justified is also the intake of vitamins: magnesium, potassium, vitamin E, C and fish oil.
But what to do if during the course of such folk therapy for 3-4 months the situation does not change or worsens? Go for medical prescriptions, which are mandatory.
Facilitate and prevent
In the case of high blood pressure, it is worth remembering some rules that are important to follow. After all, prevention is one of the main factors for preventing problems:
- Measure pressure daily.
- Try to limit salt intake as much as possible.
- Make "regulars" of the diet fresh fruits and vegetables (at least 300-400 g per day, in the season can be up to 500 g).
- Maintain physical activity.
- Reduce the consumption of alcohol.
- Sleep at least 7 hours.
- Do not miss taking medication prescribed by a doctor.
Among the important rules is also this: the pressure can not be reduced dramatically.This can lead to heart and brain problems. And if you feel an improvement, in no case should you stop taking the drugs, as well as reduce their dose. And remember, a drug that is chosen correctly should not have an immediate effect. A noticeable improvement in condition should appear after several days of taking it.
Be attentive to your health, and in time seek professional help.
Effective castor oil for hair
What is mom dreaming about
Publications of Anastasia Samokhina
Easter handicrafts from salted dough
Paper model of the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus
Fabric roses: 4 practical workshops
Simple and very cute embroidery pattern. Can even beginner
What is ion