10 SIMPLE TRICKS TO INSTANTLY STOP MASTURBATING (these work 100% of the time!)
How to Stop a Masturbation Addiction
Masturbation happens in every culture, across every period of history, and it's the way most adolescents discover what they enjoy before embarking on adult sexual relationships. Masturbation is a healthy and natural part of human sexuality and development. However, if you are unable to control your urge to masturbate or if frequent masturbation is interfering with your school, work, or social life, then it's possible to gain control.
Know when to seek help.Masturbation is a natural and healthy behavior. Even if you masturbate often, you may not have an addiction. If you cannot control your thoughts or urges or if masturbation is preventing you from participating in school or work, it may be time to reach out for help. Don't feel ashamed, and remember that many people have similar problems. Seeking help is a brave action, and most people you ask will see it as such.
Make an appointment with a medical professional.Counselors, psychologists and psychiatrists are all trained to help people with varying levels of addiction. Start by seeing a therapist in your area, who can assess your addiction and refer you to more specialized help if necessary.
Discuss how masturbation affects your life with the therapist.Some people may use masturbation as a way to distract them from other feelings, emotions, and problems. Try to be open with your therapist as you discuss the impact that masturbation has on your life.
Discuss your treatment options.Masturbation addiction is considered by some to be a form of sex addiction. Your therapist may recommend a combination of medication and cognitive behavioral therapy to help you work through it.
Staying Busy and Focused
Find another outlet for your time and energy.Fill your life with engaging activities. The excitement of doing something different can help replace the urge to masturbate, and you'll have a go-to distraction next time you're tempted. Try some of these options:
- Be creative. The process of turning sexual urges into creative output (called sublimation) is something on which monks and sages have relied upon for centuries. Start writing, learn to play a musical instrument, paint, draw, or do whatever else makes you feel like you're doing something productive.
- Play sports. It takes discipline and persistence to excel at a sport. Develop an interest in running or swimming, or a group sport like soccer, football, basketball, or tennis. Also, any form of exercise will help you relieve tension, feel happier, and make you focus on your physicality in a positive way. Yoga is another form of exercise that can help you feel more relaxed and less likely to feel the sudden urge to masturbate.
- Eat a healthy diet. Fruits and vegetables have healthy effects on the body and provide nutrients necessary to increase your energy to make you more active throughout the day. Minimize consumption of aphrodisiac foods, such as oysters, salmon, chili peppers, coffee, avocados, banana, and chocolate.
- Find a new hobby, or cultivate a skill. Learning something that takes a while to master can refocus your brain on the delayed gratification of achieving goals instead of the instant gratification of masturbation. Try skills like cooking, woodshop, archery, baking, public speaking, or gardening.
- Volunteer your time. Devote your energy to helping teens who've been less fortunate than you, such as working at a shelter, tutoring low-income students, cleaning up blighted areas, or raising money for a good cause. You'll get an altruistic feeling from helping others, and you'll have less time to stray from your goals.
- Get enough sleep. Urges to masturbate can be exceedingly strong, so make sure you have enough energy to fight those urges. Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep. If you frequently forget to go to bed at a reasonable hour, set an alarm to remind you.
Make a plan for avoiding masturbation during your go to times of the day.If you have problems before going to bed or in the shower, refrain from any temptation to masturbate. For instance, if it's a problem late at night, drop to the floor and do push-ups until you're too exhausted to do anything but fall asleep. If you find shower time too tempting, start using ice cold water only — you won't want to be in there for long; cold shower will offer the added benefit of saving you time and water.
- If you always masturbate when you get home from school, make sure to have a solid plan to stave off any boredom you may feel. If you have so little to do that your mind frequently wanders to sexual thoughts, occupy your schedule. You'll find it gets easier to avoid masturbation if you're too busy or tired to spare any energy for distractions.
- If you're tempted to masturbate in the morning, try to sleep with more than just one layer of clothing so touching yourself is more of an effort.
Limit your solitude.If you masturbate frequently because you feel lonely, find ways to be as socially engaged as possible. This means that you should join as many clubs or activities as you can, accept and give more invitations to people, and go out of your way to make more friends. If you want to date someone, consider asking a friend to set you up or join an online dating site.
- Another thing you can do is to limit the times when you are likely to be home alone. If you tend to masturbate in the hour or two before your parents get home from work, go for a walk during that time, or do your homework in a coffee shop.
- Even if all of your friends are busy, you can still limit your impulse to masturbate by going out in public. For instance, instead of watching the game at home by yourself, watch it at a sports bar. Even if you're not hanging out with friends, you will not be alone, ultimately having no time for masturbation.
Stop watching porn on your computer.One of the reasons you may be masturbating so much is that you know that you can access porn within seconds if you desire. However, if you don't have the willpower to stop looking at the porn on your own, then you may have to take other measures to get the job done:
- Consider installing porn-blocking software on your computer. Of course you will know the password to bypass the blocking function, but just having it pop up will remind you of your priorities. You can also type a random password in a text file, copy and paste it when you enter your password and verify it, then delete the text file. Then, you will not be able to know the password of your own porn-blocker. This is the best way to keep you strong and spare you the struggle.
- If you have the tendency to masturbate looking at porn on the computer, try moving your computer into a room where others can see you.
- If you have a physical collection of porn, dispose of it ASAP (as soon as possible).
Be persistent and patient.Stopping a masturbation addiction won't hit you like a lightning bolt. It's a process that requires commitment, and you might make mistakes or relapse on occasions. The real struggle is persevering, so commit now that you won't let little mistakes stand in your way.
- Set up a reward system. Bribe yourself to stay on-track with rewards for good behavior. For instance, if you can go two whole weeks without masturbating once, treat yourself to a small indulgence like a new game or an ice cream cone.
Getting in the Right Mindset
Stop punishing yourself.Remember, you're human, and humans masturbate. Some studies show that up to 95% of males and 89% of females admit that they have masturbated. Masturbation is normal and healthy for all ages and genders.
Don't believe the myths about the harms of masturbation.If you want to stop your masturbation addiction, then you should do it for reasons that are personal and moral, not for reasons that are health-related. Here are some things that masturbation willnotdo to your body:
- Masturbation willnotcause infertility, premature ejaculation, or impotence.
- Masturbation willnotcause insanity.
- Masturbation willnotcause blindness or even eye floaters.
- Masturbation willnotcause frequent urination.
- Masturbationdoes not affectfacial hair, growth, facial features, kidneys, testicles, cause skin problems, or cause any major physical issues! These are all myths.
Know that it will get better.If you believe that you can really find a way to stop your masturbation addiction, then you'll be able to do it. Maybe your goal isn't to stop masturbating completely, but just to limit your masturbation to a healthy amount, such as once or twice a day. That's perfectly fine, too. If you have the belief that you really can win this battle, you'll be much more likely to succeed than if you're constantly second-guessing yourself.
- That being said, there may be days when you have relapses. This is a normal part of the recovery process. Don't become discouraged. Believe in yourself.
QuestionHow do I control myself if I come across a video or image that appeals to me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerVisualize your response in advance, perhaps walking away to distract yourself with a hobby, or by calling a friend to chat. This will make it easier to follow through when this happens. Remind yourself why you made this decision, and stay away from high-risk situations where you're likely to see a trigger.Thanks!
QuestionBecause I masturbate I don't really care about girls. What can I do about that?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThrough masturbation, you deplete the hormones that cause your brain to be attracted to live girls. Less masturbation and less pornography will restore your care. You have to want to reach this state though, and to have the courage to connect with real people.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I stop watching porn on my cell phone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can install an app that blocks porn sites. Search for "porn blocker" or "parental controls" in your device's app store.Thanks!
QuestionCan masturbation ruin your sex life with your spouse?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMany married people masturbate without a problem. If you or your spouse frequently turn down sex and masturbate instead, have an honest conversation about it. The two of you may need to put more effort into figuring out how both of you can enjoy sex, or work on other aspects of your relationship so you feel more intimate. Note that excessive masturbation is a symptom of another problem, not usually the cause.Thanks!
QuestionDoes maturbation affect my studies?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOnly if you masturbate or think about masturbating instead of concentrating on your work. Masturbating in your spare time will not affect your intelligence.Thanks!
QuestionDoes masturbating affect your physical fitness, such as weight gain or physical well-being?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt may affect your levels of zinc (if male). And there are studies that show that masturbation (to ejaculation) will cause testosterone levels to rise before the point of ejaculation (in males). However, beyond that there are no direct links between masturbation and weight gain. Masturbation (or lack thereof) can affect sleep patterns if one stays up late masturbating and as late nights cause lower hormone levels, this can cause weight gain.Thanks!
QuestionSometimes when I've stopped masturbating I still masturbate in my sleep and I ejaculate for real. Why is this?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNocturnal emissions or 'wet dreams' are a spontaneous orgasm during sleep. It is completely natural and will often happen more if you aren't masturbating as much.Thanks!
QuestionDoes excessive masturbation lead to infertility?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, it doesn't. But by mentioning the word "excessive", you've already acknowledged that you have a problem needing attending to. If you feel that you are masturbating excessively, seek help as outlined in the article.Thanks!
QuestionDoes excessive masturbation lead to pimples and weight loss?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSome people experience small pimples on the skin of the penis, which can go away if you cut back or or be more gentle. Masturbation is not connected to weight loss.Thanks!
QuestionSometimes I wake up and notice that I've been masturbating in my sleep. How do I stop this?wikiHow ContributorCommunity Answer"Sexsomnia" is a known issue. Although not harmful, it can be embarrassing. A doctor can try to treat it with medication or lifestyle changes.Thanks!
- Motivate yourself by reminding yourself that abstaining will increase sexual performance, because if you don't do it as much you will have more energy and be more easily aroused when you have sex with someone, whoever it may be, and also you will have a stronger orgasm since you are less desensitized to the feeling. For optimum hormone levels, keep masturbation to no more than once a week. Studies in men have shown that not masturbating for up to a week slightly increases testosterone, after this, it goes back down.
- Set tiny goals for yourself, start with going three days clean, the third day is the speed bump, get past that and you know that you're committed. Then go a week, then 10 days, then two weeks, then 17 days, etc.
- Do exercise daily in the evening, this will make you tired at night. And since masturbation is often done at night, so when you are exhausted, you will give preference to sleep, not to masturbation.
- Avoid sitting on your bed. Use a table/chair, and always sit with other people.
- When the urge is very intense take a cold shower! It is not only shown to calm the mind but has many other benefits to overall health and energy.
- When you feel the urge to masturbate, take a brisk walk or jog. Always try to occupy yourself when the urge arises.
- Try fasting. Abstain from food or drink in a few hours every day can distract your mind from sexual urge. Fasting will also act as a diet from stimulating food or drink for a certain period. If you do it regularly you will have better control upon your urge.
- If you come upon a certain thought, urge, or your lustful thoughts come into your mind, immediately think about a different topic such as baseball, football, etc.
- If you have a problem with masturbating in the shower, set a short timer and try getting out before that timer goes off.
- It's easier to stop if you are in a relationship where your partner can help you in it. For example, spend time watching a movie, going shopping or even going for sports with your partner. This ensures that the urges are no longer there and you will eventually forget about it.
- Take it one day at a time. If you commit to avoid masturbating for the next month you will inevitably fail to do it and will just feel more depressed and hopeless than ever before!
- If you are religious, consider asking a religious leader for help if you are comfortable discussing the subject with them. Request a private appointment with your priest, pastor, bishop, imam, rabbi, or other religious leaders, and see if his or her advice can help you.
- If you are lonely at night, seek help from a friend who helps you to fix this issue that will make sure you're not lonely. Talking to someone can help distract you and break the habit.
- Think positively and avoid inferiority complex, learn how to cope with loneliness by doing different things like creative works; that way you have little or no time for masturbation.
- If you have an urge, read an innocent book that does not mention any sexual jokes of any kind, or a kids book.
- Remember that members of the clergy and medical professionals are human and susceptible to error, too. If you ask someone for help and he or she suggests a remedy you find highly uncomfortable, seek a second opinion.
- Some video games, films, and even books contain sexual material, such as sexually attractive characters or sexual activity (kissing, making out or even making love). So if you play video games to distract the need, be careful! Research about films and books beforehand and don't watch/ read them if they contain sexual content.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Français: , Español: , Deutsch: , Português: , Русский: , Nederlands: , Italiano: , 中文: , Čeština: , 日本語: , Bahasa Indonesia: , ไทย: , العربية: , Tiếng Việt: , 한국어:
Video: How to STOP Masturbation Addiction in 1 Day - 100% Guaranteed
6 Ways Your Brain Transforms During Menopause
15 Beauty Products We’re ThankfulFor
How to Save Electricity
How to Become a Successful Freelance Writer at Freelancing Platforms
Sleep Better Tonight
Owl Sewing Craft Project
Best vegetarian protein rich foods
How to use curry leaves for hair growth
25 One-Shoulder Tops to Shop forSpring
How to Dam a River
It can be exhausting and very stressful
Is this what Michelle Obama is going to do next
Mens Suede Styles: How To Rock It Without Looking Like A Cowboy
How to Celebrate International Polar Bear Day