How to solve problems in chemistry?
Most of the former, and the real, students represent all chemical processes only as a theoretical process, read in the book. And in order to learn how to solve problems in chemistry, this is not enough. Solving problems will require certain skills. First you need to be able to use the periodic table, because almost every task requires data from it.
Most often, in the 8th and 9th grades, the practical study of chemistry begins with tasks that use chemical reaction equations that are of the type: �Calculating the mass of one of the reaction products for a given mass of one of the reacting substances�. These tasks are the basis, not understanding where the data of the calculations come from. It is very difficult to solve problems more complicated. Such problems can be solved using a chemical formula. By the way, in the tasks of the exam, such tasks are also present.
Instructions for solving problems
Let's look at the instructions on how to solve problems in chemistry:
- We read the condition of the problem, for example, take the following problem: Calculate the mass of aluminum sulfide, when 2.7 g of aluminum was added to sulfuric acid.
- You must jot down the condition of the problem.
- To solve the problem, we make the equation of this chemical reaction. The interaction of the metal with a dilute acid gives salt and hydrogen evolution. Let's write the equation and arrange the coefficients. Starting a decision, it is worth paying attention only to those substances whose data are known and those that need to be found. The remaining substances are not taken into account at all. In our task, we should pay attention to aluminum sulphide and aluminum.
- Now it is necessary to find the relative molecular weight for each substance of interest to us, using the periodic table.
- Now we need to translate the obtained values into the molar mass. To do this, multiply the obtained values by 1 g / mol.
- It's time to write the basic formula linking the molar mass, the amount and the mass of the substance.
- We substitute our values and carry out calculations using this formula.
Now let's make two proportions, based on the above calculations.
- Now we need to decide the proportion, not forgetting that X is the amount of aluminum sulfide with the unit of measure mole.
- We know both the molar mass and the amounts of aluminum sulfide, so we can find the mass from the basic formula.
- We substitute our values and make the calculation.
- Now we can write the answer.
Examples of solving other problems in chemistry can be found.
It may seem to you that solving the problem of chemistry online is difficult, but in fact it is easier than it seems. It is enough just to make sure of it. To practice and consolidate your knowledge, try to solve the same problem, but independently. As they say, not peeping. After that, you can substitute other values using the same formulas and proportions. You will quickly be able to remember these formulas, and you will not need to go on the Internet and type in the search engines and on the forums �help solve the chemistry problem�. Exercising in such tasks, you can easily understand other tasks, because in chemistry everything is interconnected, without knowing one topic, it is very difficult to understand the next one.
Also a great help for applicants and graduates of schools will be a handbook, which when helped me, the author Homchenko GP In this manual, everything is laid out on the shelves, problem solving explained from the very beginning. In addition, there is a large number of other literature that will help you learn how to solve puzzles in chemistry. Do not be afraid of chemical problems, they are much more interesting than they seem at first.In general, chemistry is quite an interesting and noteworthy science. Good luck in solving problems! Do not be discouraged if the first time you fail, everything comes with experience!
Big game and 5 more new weekend movies
30 most scared guests of the Haunted House
Falafel - an unusual dish of legumes
Paper model of the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus
Justin Theroux found a replacement for Jennifer Aniston