How to remove page numbering?
Surely, anyone who wrote in the Word program essays or term papers, knows how to affix page numbers. But, does everyone know how to remove pagination? After all, there are no special buttons for this in the main menu, and creating a new file, copying / transferring information, is a waste of time and effort. So, then we will look at how to remove page numbers in different versions of the Word text editor.
Microsoft Word 2003
- If you have numbered pages due to the “Page numbers” function in the “Insert” menu, you need to click on the page number (it can be on the top or bottom, depending on the specified parameters). After the frame appears around the number, you need to click on it and press the “Delete” key on the keyboard.
- Find the "Footer" command in the "View" menu. Among the headers and footers that appear (the box highlighted by the dotted line), select the one in which your numbering is located. Click on the page number and the Delete key as well. Then simply close the toolbar that appears first.
- It may be that the numbering will not be removed from all sections (if any) at once. In this case, you will have to repeat the procedure for each section separately.
- In order to remove the numbering on the first page of the document, uncheck the checkbox “number on the first page” in the “Page numbers” tab of the “Insert” menu.
Microsoft Word 2007 and 2010
In newer versions of the editor to remove the pagination is much easier and faster. To do this, just need to click on one button.
- It is necessary in the "Headers and Footers" group on the "Insert" tab to select the "Page number" command and click on the "Delete page numbers" item in the list that appears.
Also the algorithm described for the 2003 version is suitable:
- In order to remove the first page number in the 2007 version, open the Page Layout tab and select the Page Settings item. In the window that opens, click on the "Source Page" tab and check the box next to the line "Distinguish footers of the first page".
How to remove the pagination in the Word 2010, we found out, but many are interested in the question concerning only the first page, so how to remove the first page numbering? Go to the first page and double-click on the page number.The “Work with headers and footers” tab will open, in which you just need to put a tick in the “Special footer for the first page” line.
The most illiterate phrases in our speech
How to congratulate on February 23
Natural material and clay: DIY crafts
How to pickle trout
Teach the cat to pot proven methods
Nary Oksman threw Brad Pitt