How to reinforce the foundation?
In this article we will learn such an important process as reinforcing the foundation, so to speak, step by step. Therefore, I recommend that you read the entire article carefully. In this guide, we will discuss how to properly reinforce the foundation, as well as how to reinforce the walls. Let's start!
Despite the fact that concrete is a fairly durable material, it is not at all ductile. It should be remembered that when creating strip foundations, concrete can be deformed by the action of frost heaving forces (soil volume increases on cold days; an example is a frozen bottle of water from the freezer compartment). With such deformations in the material, two zones arise: a compression zone and a stretching zone. Cracks are formed in the stretching zone. Therefore, in order to avoid destruction of the structure, the concrete foundation is reinforced. The reinforcement of the foundation is as follows: a three-dimensional frame is created of metal reinforcement along the entire length of the foundation. Next, we will step by step learn how to properly reinforce.
Concrete Basement Reinforcement Instructions
- It is necessary to dig a trench corresponding to the contour of the future foundation. It is important that the bottom of the pit is level relative to the horizon!
- After, we create a sand "pillow" right at the bottom of the foundation. This is necessary to alleviate the load on the lower part of the foundation. The approximate thickness of the pillow is 10-15 cm, the upper part should be flat, not inclined (you need help).
- For formwork we collect boards from boards. At the same time, the length of the shield should be shorter by 1 thickness of the board (to connect them into a rectangle). Shoot down the shields from the inside, with hats on the inside of the formwork, and bend the ends outside.
- We install the formwork using self-tapping screws, to ensure a good “draw” to each other, as well as to avoid the formation of cracks. After assembling the shields, we strengthen them with struts, using pegs. We fix the struts by pulling the formwork walls from above. Do not forget that the height of the formwork must be greater than the height of the fill! Again, use the level.
- With the help of a construction stapler, we attach asphalt to the formwork boards. Thereby, we will keep the boards clean after filling the foundation.And the boards will still come in handy for other noble deeds. At the same time, the solution of concrete is not absorbed into the boards, which will make it smoother than the basement wall. So trim base will be a little cheaper.
- The level of concrete pouring mortar denoted line. It is enough to stretch it on the inner wall of the formwork. Use the level, pulling the line.
- Reinforcing rods should be driven into the ground to a depth of 2 meters, in 30 cm steps. The rods should rise to the height of the foundation.
- At the bottom of the trench put pieces of building bricks, in order. to put on them bars of reinforcement.
- Next, we place the reinforcement on the bottom of the foundation, approximately in two rows, with a foundation width of 40 cm. The distance from the edges of the formwork should be 5 cm. It is better to use solid rods in the entire length.
- With a special knitting wire, we bind horizontal lintels throughout the entire thickness of the foundation, approximately 30 cm apart. In the same way we connect horizontal and vertical rods. The next layer of rods laid 30 cm above.
- We reinforce the corners with bent reinforcement so that one end goes into one wall and the other into the other wall of the foundation.
- It is recommended to place and fasten asbestos-cement pipes with a diameter of 10 cm in the formwork for ventilation of the foundation. Also required to provide openings for pipes and other communications. After all this, you can start pouring the foundation.
Reinforcement of the walls is about the same principle. From today's article-lesson we learned how to reinforce the foundation. Stay tuned and learn new things. To build, not necessarily to be a pro, it is enough to know some things.
Proteins pull 2-kilogram dumbbells, and what can you boast of
How to increase the speed of the Internet
Where in Moscow clubs are allowed with their alcohol
Sms Happy New Year for loved ones. New short SMS greetings for the New Year holidays in verse and prose
How to connect Internet TV
Garden for dummies