How to lubricate skis?
In recent years, a healthy lifestyle has become a trend in society, and that’s great. People are becoming more and more involved in the sport, everyone chooses what he likes more. In our country, where most of the year falls in the winter, the most relevant is skiing, which is increasingly gaining popularity and the status of a family sport. The state strongly supports this trend, conducting all kinds of actions and competitions, among which the most global is the “Ski Track of Russia”, for some time starting every year in mid-February. There are a lot of professionals among the participants who set the pace, but the bulk of it is people who, one can say, just started skiing yesterday. For beginners, the question of how to lubricate skis correctly is especially important, so that there is a good glide and no recoil. Just this important issue is devoted to our article.
Tips for choosing beginner skis
You have decided to go skiing, say, you want to start by skiing in the nearby forest on weekends. Then you should proceed to the choice of skis:
- If you have no experience of skiing at all, you can opt for wooden skis. Their major drawback is snow sticking, especially if you are mistaken with lubrication.
- You can buy a notched skis - it is quite convenient, besides, having made such a choice, you will no longer puzzle over the question of how to lubricate the skis, since skis with a notch are also convenient - they do not require lubrication. But there are also disadvantages: Such a type of skis will keep the ski run well on loose snow, and, most likely, it will not cope with this task on a tight ski track. It is a shame only that if skis with a notch are not held, it is useless to smear them, and it is impossible.
Accessories required for ski lubrication
You are probably wondering how to lubricate the skis so that there is a good glide and no recoil. For proper preparation of skis, you definitely need to purchase a minimum set of tools.
- First, it is, of course, a ski salve. To ride a classic course, skis need to be lubricated under the pad holding the ointment. Determine the shoe. Who does not know - this is the middle part of the ski, starting from the heel of the shoe forward to the toe of the ski. The length of the pad, that is, just the part that needs to be lubricated, should be about 60-65 cm. Today, in sports stores, ointment is presented in a large assortment.You can choose a set of three or four ointment jars, at first it will be quite enough.
- Secondly, it is a cork rubbing. It can be natural or synthetic, there is not much difference between them. Therefore, you can choose any, to your taste.
- Third, you definitely need a scraper. It is necessary in order to clear the skis of adhering ice and snow, as well as to remove the remnants of the ointment after skiing.
Now let's proceed directly to the question of how to lubricate plastic skis correctly. Having chosen the desired type of ointment, according to the weather, you need to smear the pad and rub it with a cork-rubbing to obtain an even, slightly shiny layer. If an even layer does not come out, you should not be upset, you can simply smooth the ointment.
Skis plastered, but before you go into the woods, take with you necessarily warmer and colder ointment than the one you just smeared, as well as cork and scraper. This is necessary in order to correct the situation if you "did not get into the ointment." There are two typical options for such a miss:
- Skis do not hold, or give up, that is, when you push with your foot, you slide backwards, and you cannot normally ride.You can correct the situation by putting a warmer ointment over the old one and rubbing it with a cork.
- Skis do not go at all, and even snow sticks to them under the block and even ice can form. First you need to clear the skis from ice and snow, and for this we took with us a scraper. If you don’t have a scraper, it doesn’t matter - you can use the available means - a ski pole or a branch. Now carefully rub the skis with a glove to remove the remnants of snow and moisture, and then you need to work with a cork, and intensively, making efforts. So you dry the ointment. Only after that you need to put on a block and rub a colder ointment.
After the walk, be sure to remove the old ointment with a scraper, and for better cleaning, you can wipe the skis with a cotton swab dipped in gasoline or use a branded wash. If you follow these simple recommendations, then nothing will spoil your good mood, and you are guaranteed to enjoy skiing.
How can home pump up the Brazilian ass
Insolent neighbors who have expanded the balcony
Than horse riding is good for man
What is kilometer
How to become someone
How to build a toilet in the country