How to Look More Exotic
How to Look Exotic
Are you tired of the same old cookie cutter look, and in the mood for something more exotic? Changing your hair, makeup and wardrobe to something totally different is a fun way to embrace a style completely outside your norm. Open yourself to a world of possibilities and start experimenting!
Changing Your Hair
Change the texture of your hair.If your hair is normally straight, change your look by adding some waves or curls. If it's naturally wavy, try straightening your hair to transform your look. It sounds too easy, but a simple change in hair texture can completely change the way your face looks. Here are a few popular styles to try:
- Long, beachy waves
- Pin-straight hair
- Bouncy curls
Get a bold short haircut.If everyone else you know has long, tousled waves, maybe it's time to do something different. Consider cutting your hair in a chic, short style that will help you stand out from the crowd and look far more exotic than your peers. The fact that you were bold enough to cut your hair short will lend a mysterious air to your personality. Here are a few great short looks to consider:
Dye your hair lighter or darker.If you have dark hair, try going blond for a look that's exotic to you. If your hair is fair, dye it dark brown or even black. Changing your hair color is one of the best ways to add an element of the exotic to your look. No matter what your natural hair color is, dyeing it a different color will instantly make you feel different.
- You could also dye your hair a bold color. There's always something exotic about a midnight black or a peroxide blonde, but what about red with a streak of purple or strawberry blonde with pink tips?
- Or go for the popular ombre look, with hair that fades from dark to light, or vice versa.
Consider getting extensions.Extensions are a great way to change your look in a heartbeat. With super long hair, the options are virtually endless. You could also get extensions thataren'tyour hair color or go for a dip-dyed or ombre look. And if you go the temporary route (the kind that just clips in), you can experiment until you find a look you love.
- Extensions are hard to maintain. Think about how much work you want to put into your look before you go dishing out some cash for the extra hair.
- They're also damaging to hair if they aren't put in correctly, so make sure you see an experienced stylist.
Decorate your hair with accessories.Hair wraps, feathers, beads, and other pretty accessories will make your hair look different from everyone else's. If you're looking for an easy option, find clip-ins to add to your tresses.
Changing Your Makeup
Try winged eyeliner.No matter the shape of your eyes, black winged eyeliner will instantly add interest and mystery to your face. Winged eyeliner makes your eyes look bigger and more interesting, and it's a fun look to rock for a night out. Winged eyeliner can be hard to pull off if you don't have the steady hand of a makeup artist, so try this method for applying it flawlessly:
- Get a tube or pot of dark black eyeliner. This works better with liquid eyeliner than with a pencil.
- Take a piece of tape and place it right under your bottom lash line, so that it's angle slightly upward toward the outer edge of your eyebrow. A sharper angle will create a sharper "wing."
- Begin applying the eyeliner close to your top lash, starting near the inner corner of your eye. Apply it along your top lash line, then taper the eyeliner along the edge of the tape. Remove the tape when you're finished.
- Repeat on the other side and clean up any mistakes.
Play with colorful eyeshadow.Break out of the mold of subtle neutrals and try a more exotic color palette. Experiment with turquoise, grass green, magenta and other bold eyeshadow colors to add an element of fun to your look.
- For a truly exotic look, try a color fade. Use a light color in the inner corner of your lids, a darker color in the center, and the darkest color in the outer corners. Do a fade from yellow to green to blue, or from pink to purple to eggplant.
- To give your look some extra flair, add a layer of glitter or some press-on rhinestones.
Rock the smokey-eyed look.Using eye shadow and mascara doesn't actually change the shape of your eyes, but does change the way they look. One of the most surefire ways to get your eyes looking exotic is to use smokey tones. Grays, silvers, blacks — you'll be constantly ready for a night on the town.
- Doing smokey-eyed makeup is simple enough with just a few tones. Concentrate the darker tones on your crease, and highlight the inside of your eye with a bit of white. Add some bold eyeliner and mascara and you're ready to go.
Give yourself high cheekbones and a natural pout.If you're not big on playing up your eyes, you can still change your look by accentuating the beauty of your cheekbones and lips. Learn how to apply contour makeup and your look will never be the same again.
- High cheekbones can be emulated with the right shade of blush and bronzer contoured just above the apples of your cheeks.
- As for a natural pout, use a neutral lipliner extended just below your actual lip and fill it in with a neutral lip color and gloss.
Give yourself a manicure.Paint your nails an unusual color to add instant charm to your look. Golds, coppers, and other warm metallic tones will add an exotic splash of color. Corals will make your skin appear warmer-toned and bronzer, while dark silver or black will make your skin look creamy in contrast.
Changing Your Wardrobe and Demeanor
Wear bold, bright, fun colors.Adjusting your wardrobe can have a dramatic effect on your appearance, as well as flattering your figure and changing your self-perception. Often, a wardrobe change is all that is needed to create an exotic look. Ditch the jeans and t-shirts and load your closet up with fun patterns, bright colors, and unique cuts.
- Skirts and dresses provide a lot more options than pants and shirts do, in general. That being said, whatever isn't trending could do the trick. A vintage '30s flapper dress is exotic in one way, while a leather fighter pilot jacket is exotic in another. As long as it's unique, you've nailed it.
Pair your new wardrobe with fun, loud accessories.Moving out of the norm in jewelry, hair accessories, and even your handbag can significantly change your look. Think big hoops, feathers, bangles, and anything else that is absolutely eye-catching. Just remember to keep it to a few accessories – you don't want to look like you're wearing your entire jewelry drawer.
Try out trendy pieces.Sometimes all it takes to feel a little exotic is the courage to try someone no one else is trying. Choose one strikingly different piece and find a way to rock it. Be the person in your neighborhood who dares to have bold style.
- For example, get a fedora and pair it with a tight white t-shirt, suspenders and slim black pants. All those girly spring dresses your friends are wearing will suddenly seem a little boring in comparison.
- Or go vintage clothes shopping and pick out a giant chunky necklace you can guarantee no one you know has, or a pair of bright red cowboy boots no one in your town would ever wear. Dare to be the exotic one.
Match your body language to your new exoticism.To have a slow, steady confidence and an alluring, mysterious demeanor, you can't be easily read. Keep your head up, shoulders back, and chest out to exude that natural sense of self. When it comes to being mysterious, don't give away exactly how you're feeling. That'd be too easy!
- Keep the body language sexy, too. If you're a woman, use your hips. Cross your legs, keeping your calves slanted and next to each other when sitting. Move delicately but with purpose. If you're a man, keep a surveying look on your face when appropriate, and master the art of the coy grin.
Keep people wanting more.Don't give too much of yourself away too easily. Like in the previous step, a large part of being exotic is being alluring and new. When you're engaging, don't give away every detail of your life story. When you walk away from a conversation, let them have more questions than answers.
- For example, imagine your definition of the most exotic woman. She's standing on a beach, gazing into the distance. Now imagine her on your couch, eating pork rinds and watching football. ...Not so exotic anymore, is she? A lot of being exotic has to do with circumstance and behavior, too. Master the lookandthe personality, and you'll be set.
- Check out fashion blogs with people who have a look that's completely opposite yours, then see what elements you can use in your own style.
- Don't try to look like a member of a culture that isn't your own. Create your own unique look instead.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Русский: , Português: , Français: , Deutsch: , 中文: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: Who is Attractive? Blonde vs Exotic - Social Experiment
MDV Hairstyle Tutorials- 20 Best Haircuts of Mariano Di Vaio
How to Search the Internet
How to Get over Someone You Never Dated
Trendy Trench Coats and Jackets Spring-Summer 2019
How to set up your childs future fund
How to Buy a Discontinued Tile
Women Are Freaking Out Because They Just Learned Theyve Been Putting on Their Bras Wrong
My Service Animal Saved My Life’
Best Oriflame Products For Oily Skin – Our Top 5 Picks
Hip Dips: The Problem With the Instagram Trend
Fit Pregnancy and Baby
What Does Your Ring Finger Say About Your Personality