How to hatch eggs?
In our difficult time, many owners, especially those living in villages, prefer not to buy chickens or ducks, but to breed them at home. As a rule, this is done with the help of mini-incubators. Let's see in this article how to hatch eggs in an incubator. In order for you to succeed and chicks hatched, you need to know a lot of different nuances. Before you do this unfamiliar business, you should purchase or read the relevant literature.
How to lay eggs in an incubator
- Remember that only heated eggs should be laid in the incubator.
- If the eggs are chicken, then the incubation should begin in the evening, and if duck, then in the morning.
- When laying eggs, make sure that they are about the same size.
- Keep in mind that laying eggs in an incubator with cold eggs is not recommended as this factor may increase the total warm-up time or else cause moisture to settle on the shell.
- Before you begin the process, you need to bring the eggs into the room, the temperature in which will be at least twenty-five degrees, and leave there for ten hours.
- Consider that at a temperature of twenty-seven degrees there is a risk of the embryo developing incorrectly.The start of incubation should be fast, and the first warm-up time should be no more than four hours.
- Water in the pan to humidify, pour only heated to forty or forty-two degrees.
- It is best to lay eggs in the evening, at about eighteen hours. If you follow this rule, chicks hatch in the early morning, and in one day you will receive the whole brood.
- Translucent eggs on the ovoskop, after six and seventeen days, will take place in the evening, which means that there is no need to darken the room.
- First of all, lay eggs that are large in size in the incubator, and after four hours, medium ones. Small eggs lay another four hours.
- In nature, absolutely all the eggs, during the process of incubation, lie horizontally, on their side. It is in this position that the germ should float upward and thus approach the source of heat. This position of eggs is most advantageous. If you have an incubator with an automatic egg flip, then the eggs can be laid vertically, with the sharp end to the bottom.
- Remember that large duck and goose eggs should be laid only sideways.
How to store eggs for incubator
- You should be aware of the fact that the embryo develops from the moment the egg is in the oviduct, but it may stop if the egg was cooled after being laid.
- If, while the egg was demolished and the start of incubation took a long time, the egg may grow old and many irreversible changes will occur, and hatchability will also decrease.
- You need to store eggs in certain conditions. Without any damage to the quality of all hatching eggs can store no more than six days. But do not forget about compliance with all conditions.
- Keep in mind that during the incubation of long-lying eggs, both hatchability and the quality of the young drops significantly.
- The lower the humidity level, the more eggs will evaporate moisture. At a humidity of eighty percent, a hen's egg in ten days of storage will lose 0.7% of its own weight.
- It is very important that the room where you plan to store the eggs, ventilated. If the ventilation is bad, there is a risk of mold. Try to prevent the draft from walking around. After all, when air moves, all eggs will lose moisture much faster.
- On the egg store there should be only clean air.
- Try not to keep any incubation waste in the room with the eggs.
- Please note that the room must contain a psychrometer and a thermometer in order to monitor the humidity and temperature in the room.
Considering the whole process of hatching eggs in an incubator, it is necessary to clarify how to check an egg in an incubator. Eggs should be checked on the ovoskop. This device can be bought, but you can make it yourself.
Remember that after laying the eggs in the incubator, they must be turned over at least twice a day, and also sprayed with a weak solution of manganese. It is necessary for moistening and cooling. We hope our recommendations will help you bring a bunch of little chickens. We wish you success in this not easy business.
Noodles in Odessa: gastronomic delight for real gourmets
Spur: how to treat folk remedies
What is amphibrach
What to tell about yourself
When the baby starts walking
Spring theme: create a spring mood together
Named the sexiest profession in the Russian Tinder
The project does not open after a computer crash