CRJ Aircraft Fuel Training. HD
How to Fuel a Plane
Ever wanted to know how to fuel a plane? Fuelling a plane is not the same as filling up your car. By following the steps outlined in the following instructions, you will have the necessary knowledge to be able to refuel an airplane safely.
Determine what fuel grade is required for your aircraft.
Determine how much fuel is required.
Connect the ground wire to the aircraft
For high wing aircraft put ladder in front of the fuel cap on the furthest fuel tank.
Drag out fuel hose, for as far as you need it.
Remove fuel cap.
As you see in the video, this is not like fuelling your car.On larger aircraft, you must fill up the wings first, simply for the balance of the plane. While fuelling make sure all selected valves are correctly opened. If they are not check with the pilot or contact maintenance.
You must fill up the wing tanks before fuelling the centre tank.
After fuelling reinstall fuel cap and close the panel correctly.
Wind up fuel hose.
Wind up ground wire.
Double check fuel caps are tight.
QuestionWhat is the fill in the aircraft: fuel or petrol?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJets use kerosene based fuels, either unleaded (Jet A-1) or blended with naphtha (Jet B).Thanks!
QuestionHow do you do hot refueling?Gabriel AlonyCommunity AnswerVery carefully! Make sure the aircraft is electrically grounded, and remove any source of sparks from the area.Thanks!
QuestionDo I need experience to fuel a plane?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
Describe the procedure to refuel a medium sized passenger jet include all safety checks that should be observed?
How can an airplane be refueled in the air over water?
||This is me at the Ottawa international airport, fuelling Porter Airlines, Q400 aircraft.|
- When fuelling touch nozzle to lip of the filler hole, so it is grounded in two places.
- Double check, and even triple check, fuel load, tail of the aircraft.
- Check for water in the fuel, before fuelling and during fuelling.
- Before refuelling you should be trained by owners of the fuel station, on their procedures
- After fuelling double check with pilots to make sure they are satisfied with fuel on board.
- Always double check that things are put away and are tight.
- Obey the rules of the ramp and vehicle corridors.
- Do you water checks on every plane and even before fuelling.
- Always ground the truck to the aircraft.
- No smoking around fuel truck or near the tank farm.
- Be aware of your surrounding while driving on the ramp.
- Do your walk arounds after completing every aircraft.
- Do not drive behind aircraft while their engines are running.
Video: A day in the life of a fueler
Discover Your Origins With The AncestryDNA Test—Its 20 Off Right Now
Riverdale Season 2 Episode 22: Did Jughead Die in the Season Finale
25 Geometric Tattoos You Can Try To Express Your Love For Shapes
How to Get a Dog to Behave in Restaurants
How to Make Stewed Celery
15 Dazzling Blonde Short Hairstyles
How to Become a Nursing Home Administrator in California
The stories behind Team Marie Claire’s Instagram
How to Charge a Car Battery
Pony Up: Get Inspired By Spring’s New Take on thePonytail
10 Most Popular Pet Names for Dogs
How to Use Mechanical Seals in Practical Usage