How to cook currants for the winter?
Many people like currants, I want to enjoy the taste of this berry all year round. However, fresh in the winter season, it is expensive, which is not affordable for everyone. But if you think about how to cook currants for the winter, you will be able to feast on this berry even in the winter cold. Several recipes will be described below.
How to cook red currant jelly for the winter
For winter, you can make a delicious jelly from red currants. This will require the following products:
- 3 kg of sugar;
- 3 kg of berries;
- 750 ml of water;
- 1 bag of vanilla.
- Take the currants, wash them well. Put in an enamel pan, add water. Put on the fire and bring the mass to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, then turn off the heat and grind the mass through a sieve. Puree shift into the pan, add sugar, vanillin.
- Simmer the mixture for 30 minutes. After that, sterilize the jars, pour jelly over them and roll them up. The sample can be removed in a few days.
If you do not want to make jelly from currants, make jam. This will help you our article How to make jam from currants.
How to make red currant jam for the winter
To save currants for the winter, you can make jam from it. You can not only drink it with tea, but also add it to various pastries. For this dessert you will need the following products:
- 2 kg of currants;
- 700 ml of water;
- 2 kg of sugar;
- 1 bag of vanilla.
- Go through the berry, rinse it. Boil the water, put the currant in a colander and put it in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Put the berry in a bowl and rub it well. Add sugar, vanillin, water, mix the ingredients thoroughly and put on the fire.
- Boil the red currant jam until the mass is 2 times smaller. Then sterilize the jars, lay out a treat on them and roll up the lids.
Spring holidays in 2015: how to spend
How to choose a level
How many calories in a chop
What is scrapbooking?
How to create a scheme
The most original pantyhose in the 2012-2013 season (12 photos)
Theatrical curtains: advantages, functions and material for tailoring