How to connect a sound card?
Each computer is equipped with a sound card. Without it, the user will not be able to listen to music, play games, etc. A sound card is a special module of your computer that allows it to process sound, that is, output it to speakers, or record it. Accordingly, than this module is better and more qualitative, the sound is clearer. When sound cards (cards) only appeared in the everyday life of computer users, they were installed in a standard slot (input) on the computer's motherboard. Now there are sound cards, as well as built-in or integrated, and external (work independently).
Sound card connection
Before you connect a sound card, you need to know that they work thanks to the AC’97 universally specified codec. This product was developed by Intel in 1997. It has become the standard for all modern motherboards, sound cards and modules that deal with sound and its processing.
Since AC’97 has evolved into HD Audio, Intel released this modification of the sound driver in 2004.This version gives us the provision of sound reproduction with even more channels and with even better sound. This hardware supports 24 - bit audio at a frequency of 192 kHz with the number of channels equal to eight tracks of playback. Roughly speaking, this version differs from the previous one only in high quality of the microcircuit and in greater functionality, while the transfer of information has remained at the same level. Here are some of the advantages of HD Audio over AC’97:
- Support for new formats: Dolby Digital Surround EX, DVD-Audio, DTS ES.
- The high bandwidth allows you to have a large number of channels, for example: 24 Mb / s input and 48 Mb / s output in HD Audio against only 11.5 Mb / s AC’97.
- Unlimited full Plug and Play support.
- High input accuracy and speech recognition.
As for the use of a sound card, frequently asked questions are, for example: how to connect a sound card on a computer? This question really is relevant because you need knowledge of the BIOS, and more specifically, the ability to navigate in it. To properly connect a sound card you need:
- Turn off the computer and turn it on, when starting the download, press “DEL” or F8 (it depends on the configuration of the motherboard).
- In the BIOS shell with arrows, you need to find the item that is responsible for embedded devices, most often it is referred to as "Advanced", then look for the "Integrated Peripherals" tab (the names may differ depending on the chipset models, look for similar items).
- In this tab you will find the item "OnBoard Audio Controller" - this is the function that is responsible for the sound card of the computer. When you select this item, the tick with "Disabled" you move to "Enabled", thereby including the module.
Connect an external sound card
It also happens that the computer does not have a built-in sound card. This problem is solved, and you also need to know how to connect an external sound card. For this you need:
- Unleash the side cover of the case, do not forget to disconnect the computer from the network.
- We find a suitable slot on the motherboard, remove the plugs and insert the sound module, then fix it.
- Next, insert all the plugs into the corresponding inputs on the card, turn on the computer and install all the drivers that go to the sound card.
Menstruation: features of the flow and general recommendations
Falafel - an unusual dish of legumes
Top 10 most famous modern style icons
Air layouts: reproduction of an apple tree without grafts
How to stuff a ball