How to choose the perfect nail file?
Nail care is important and necessary. And it should be carried out with the help of special tools and fixtures. A nail file is one such device. And her choice is an important and responsible thing. And what are the saws, and how to choose the right one?
We study our marigolds
The choice of a file, first of all, depends on what nailles it will target. So, if the nails are thin, weak and stratified, then they will be very easy to damage and spoil completely, so in this case you will have to give up rough files. If the marigold, on the contrary, is very rigid or, for example, extended, then a rough file is required, as a soft one will not allow to give the desired shape.
Choosing a file: what to look for?
So, how to choose a nail file? We list the main important points to which attention should be paid.
Abrasiveness is a very important selection criterion that determines the rigidity of the file. Why is it important to consider this factor? The fact is that if you treat thin nails with a rough file, you can damage them. A soft nail file with hard nails just can not cope.
The abrasiveness of the nail file is measured in grits. The more of them, the softer the file. In general, the indicated number means the number of the smallest abrasive particles. There are several options:
- 80-100 grit. Such a file is the most rigid, it is suitable only for artificial nails. It is used to shape the extensions of the nails and leveling their surface.
- 120-180 grit. A file of increased stiffness, it can be used for the final processing of artificial nails and their polishing, as well as for shaping very hard natural nails.
- 240 grit Such a file has a medium stiffness, it can be used to adjust the length of natural nails (not weakened or soft), as well as to give them shape.
- 400 grit This is a soft nail file, which is suitable for shaping weak and thin nails, as well as for grinding the surface of both natural and artificial nails.
- 900-1200 grit - the softest nail file that can only be. It can be used to polish any nails, as well as to make their surface almost mirror shine. Use such files more often at the final stages of manicure or build-up.
If you need both to shape the nails and grind them, then acquire several files with different abrasiveness at once. There are also two, three and even four-sided files.
What material is abrasive spraying made of?
In general, abrasive particles can be natural or artificial.
Options for natural grains:
- Diamond. Of course, the price of a diamond-coated file will be quite high, but it will last for a long time and retain their original qualities. Diamond is the most durable material.
- Pumice. This is also an excellent natural material, which is a porous volcanic glass.
- Corundum is a mineral, namely crystalline alumina.
- Silicon is a fairly durable and safe element of the periodic table.
- Sand. Yes, and this available material is also used. The rigidity will depend on the size of the grains, but the lifetime of such sputtering is not very large.
Artificial abrasive deposition may be as follows:
- Silicon carbide is a chemical compound that is a compound of silicon and carbon.
- Synthetic diamond - artificially grown diamond,obtained in the laboratory.
- Electrocorundum is a very hard, resistant and refractory material made of aluminum oxide.
It is better to prefer natural materials, they are more environmentally friendly and pleasant to use.
What material is the base of the file made of?
The base of the file is also important, as it is responsible for the strength and usability of the product. We list the main types of fundamentals:
- Metal file appeared one of the first. Also, it is the most coarse, so absolutely definitely not suitable for girls with fragile and very brittle nails. In general, a metal nail file is a solid flaw, therefore many experienced manicurists do not use such a device and do not recommend it to their clients. Of course, the cost of such files is low, but still it is better to abandon them.
- Ceramic file - a great option for owners of thin and brittle nails. Such a device will allow you to seal the edge of the nail and thus avoid its delamination. The ceramic nail file will not only give a beautiful shape to the nails and will not spoil the nail plates, but will also help to exfoliate the skin of the fingers, as well as elbows and knees.Many of these tools are called treating, but because of their softness, they are not suitable for the treatment of artificial nails. This device is not cheap, but you definitely need to buy it.
- Cardboard or paper files have recently become popular because of their cheapness. But the low price - this is probably the only plus. Cons much more. First, the life of such a device is only a few months. Secondly, sandpaper is often used as an abrasive surface, and such material is not the best. Thirdly, this tool can not be washed, so there is a high probability of infection with a fungal or some other infection. There are files made from special paper impregnated with special compositions. They last longer and can be washed.
- Plastic. This option is also quite common. By properties, it is similar to cardboard, but it lasts longer and is more durable.
- Glass file is perhaps the best and most practical option. Firstly, it treats the surface quite gently and carefully. Secondly, such a tool can be called universal, as it is suitable for any type of nails, including artificial ones. Thirdly, this file is easy to clean and long enough.But glass is a very fragile material, so it is best to wear this device in a special hard protective case.
We are determined with the form
The shape of the file is also quite important. Here are a few options:
- The rectangular file is ideal for shaping, as well as for leveling the surface of the nail plates.
- The boomerang file is most often used to file artificial nails in the cuticle area.
- An oval nail file will help to adjust the length of the nails, to give them shape, and also to level the nail plates.
How to use?
How to cut nails? Here are some basic rules:
- Do not use a file more than 1-2 times a week.
- Do not cut wet nails, you will damage the nail plate.
- Do not move the saw from side to side. Choose one direction, namely from the edge to the center of the nail.
- Treat the nail from the outside, not from the inside.
- Polishing should be done with soft sawing and not more than once a month.
Choose a suitable file and use it correctly so that your nails are well-groomed, beautiful and healthy!
What is Buddhism
What is a planet
Can I get pregnant with one tube
How to store flowers
Review of the best hypoallergenic mascara for eyelashes