10 Roles of a Wedding Coordinator
How to Choose a Wedding Consultant
As you start planning your own wedding, you soon understand the amount of time it takes to plan a posh party, and how much energy is needed. Many couples these days simply don’t have the time or the inclination to plan their own weddings and they turn to wedding professionals such as wedding planners. Then there are those people who love the thrill of doing everything themselves, and some have a few control issues with it (you know who you are!).There are those who are budget conscious, and they plan their own wedding thinking they are saving themselves a nice wad of cash they can put toward the honeymoon or into the food and beverages of the affair. About 85% of brides view having a professional wedding planner for their wedding as a luxury. The truth is that the cost of wedding planners vary widely, and most couples can afford to hire someone to help them with at least a portion of their big event.
Do your homework.Find out how many wedding planners/consultants are in your area and what services do they offer. Make sure that they offer complimentary (free of charge) consultation.
- After finding out which services wedding consultant/planner offers, it will be easier for you to decide on what aspects of planning your wedding you need help with...example - do you need help with just the "Day-of" Coordination or you need help with entire planning process.
- A wedding planner will help you with the following: Budget creation & tracking, venue(s) selection, vendor selection, contract negotiation & management, catering menu selection & food tasting, cake design & tasting, floral design selection, design & mailing of “save the date” cards & invitations, guest list, seating arrangements assistance & RSVP management, place cards, menu & wedding program design and creation, etiquette advise, hotel coordination (reserve the block of rooms for out-of-town guests), transportation management for the wedding party & out of town guests, and concierge services are just some of the services wedding planner should be offering in their packages.
Decide on your wedding budget.The big question for all brides is "Can I afford the services of a wedding planner/consultant?" The answer is yes! It is so much cheaper than you think and much less of a headache.
Narrow down your search.Call up to five wedding planners to determine their services and packages. Some wedding planners are hesitant to give prices over the phone and will want to give you a presentation of their services.
Book appointments with three wedding consultants.Make a list of questions for your interviews.
Meet with the wedding consultant.Go to her office or pick a place that is relatively quiet and comfortable for both of you.
- Do not bring children to your consultation. This is distracting to both the consultant and to you. You cannot concentrate on the interview if you are continuously interrupted by your child, who rightly wants your attention. It isn't fair to them and it's not fair to the wedding planner. Bring your fiancé and other relatives who will be paying for your wedding (parents, immediate relatives).
Ask questions about their experience, credentials, certifications, kick-backs from other vendors, etc.
Narrow down your quest to the top two.Ask any questions that are still plaguing you via email or telephone.
Let your wedding planner know she has won your confidence.To do this, extend a courtesy call to her to let her know when you can come in and sign the contract.
Turn down the other options.Let the other candidates know via email or phone call, but also try to provide them with feedback as to why their services weren't chosen. We are all trying to upgrade our services and by letting us know why we weren't chosen helps us to improve.
Schedule your initial meeting with your wedding planner/consultant.Be prepared to enjoy your wedding planning experience.
- Look into hiring a professionally trained wedding planner who will help you make your event more enjoyable by giving you the peace of mind, to relax, relate, and release the stress. Enjoy your wedding day and the sentiment that you were meant to celebrate with the one you love.
- In the past, the bride was able to rely upon an aunt or a dear friend to help plan her wedding, but now more and more details appear and the bride cannot depend on her relatives or friends to make decisions on her behalf. If you hire a professional wedding planner, that person would have your best interest in mind. That professional would make decisions for you based on those things you told he/she in your initial consultation and according to the vision of your wedding. A wedding consultant also pulls together all of the details of your wedding day and executes them to provide you with a stress-free event.
Video: How I Became A Wedding Planner! | BiancaReneeToday
Xenlex Mens Watches with Black Belt Silver Black Square Dial Watches
This Is The Best Exercise For Sculpting Sexy Shoulders
All in all, it was a bit of a mess
The Best (And Worst) Oils To Use For Every Cooking Method
How to Find Sources of Iron for Vegetarians
Tagrisso Approved as a First-Line Treatment for Metastatic Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
But no matter the luxurious interior, the guests in the three-story structure can never forget where they are
The Prettiest Pastel Purple Hair Ideas
Women Are Freaking Out Because They Just Learned Theyve Been Putting on Their Bras Wrong
Which Is Healthier: Kale Or Spinach
Ponytail Hairstyles with Blunt Bangs: Taylor Swift Hair Styles
Homemade Granola Energy Bars Recipe
3 Ways to Make Nachos