Hair decaping - all the secrets of the procedures
It is not always possible to achieve the desired shade after staining. If the final color is different from the expected one, the procedure of decamping will correct the situation. Learn how it is conducted and in what cases is required.
Description of the procedure
What is decaping hair? This is a procedure aimed at neutralizing unwanted hair color. Another more common name is the wash. The main tasks are to destroy the bonds between the pigments of the applied dye and the hair shaft and to accelerate the removal of dyes from the structure.
There are two types of decapsing:
- Superficial is a sparing procedure in which only cosmetic pigments are derived, but natural ones are not affected. As a result, you will achieve a return to the background of lightening: light yellow in blondes or red in brunettes. In other words, you will get a base created by an oxygenating agent (oxidizing agent), which destroyed a part of the natural pigment of melanin hair to further changeshade. The composition of surface-washing agents does not include aggressive components, such as ammonia and perhydrol. Acids have an effect, but the effect can be achieved after a maximum of 1-2 days after staining. If the procedure was carried out more than two days ago, several washings will be required, but no more than three to five per day. You can achieve clarification on one or two tones.
- Deep decoupling is recommended for removing colored cosmetic pigments that have accumulated after several stains and penetrated deep into the hair structure. To carry out such aggressive washing, an oxygen agent and a bleaching agent, paste or powder, are used. It is possible to change the color in the direction of lightening by three or four tones, but in the end you get a yellowish or reddish tint, so further tinting or staining will be required in order to give the desired final color. A deep wash should be carried out by an experienced master in salon conditions and no more than once every two weeks, otherwise there is a risk of severely damaging and spoiling the hair.
In what cases recommended?
Hair decapitation may be required in such cases:
- color after dyeing is different from the expected or desired;
- ugly stains on the hair as a result of uneven distribution of the coloring composition or the use of low-quality tools;
- return to the natural tone of the curls;
- discoloration after dyeing in a darker color (maximum of four tones);
- the shade at the roots after several staining procedures is very different from the tone of the main mass of curls or tips;
- reducing the intensity of an excessively saturated color, softening it;
- Preventing the appearance of unwanted foreign colors when toning after previous staining.
Features of the procedure
In the cabin, decoupling is carried out in several stages:
- Preparation of the decoupler. Usually requires the connection of several components, mixing them to a uniform consistency.
- The mixture is applied to dry hair. First, the most problematic areas are processed, then the composition with a comb is distributed along the length.
- The tool is aged on the hair for the period specified in the accompanying instructions.
- The mixture is thoroughly washed off from the curls with plenty of warm water.
- Next, the hair is washed with a specialized shampoo, designed for deep cleaning and leaching of the pigments remaining in the structure.
- If color correction is required, toning is performed.
- On the curls applied caregiver balm.
- In conclusion, the hair should be allowed to dry naturally.
At home, only superficial decoupling is carried out, and the procedure is described in detail in the instructions attached to the product.
Important! Before decapitating, allergic text should be carried out, causing a small amount of the finished compound to the wrist or elbow. If redness, burning and itching occur, choose a different remedy or refuse the procedure.
What means are used?
For independent surface decoupling, you can use specialized tools: Hair Light Remake Color from Hair Company, Estel Color Off, Eclair Clair Creme from L’Oreal Paris, Decoxon 2 Faze from Kapous.
For deep decoupling, conducted in beauty salons by craftsmen, Blond Studio Multi-Techniques Powder from L’Oreal Paris, Princess Essex and White Touch from Estel are used.
What to do after decamping?
If, after decapitating, it is necessary to level the hair color, apply sparing coloring agents that do not contain ammonia.Also, to give shade is eluted. Caring procedures that protect the curls from the effects of external factors and improve the appearance are useful: screening, keratinizing, lamination. A variety of nourishing, moisturizing and caring serums, masks, balms, oils are applied.
After decapitating, it is recommended to protect the hair from the negative effects of external factors: salty sea water or hard tap water, ultraviolet radiation, dust, wind, temperature changes.
All advantages and disadvantages of the procedure
Benefits of decoupling hair:
- Ability to eliminate the effects of unsuccessful staining.
- Lightening 2-4 tones after dyeing in a dark color.
- Alignment of a shade at its non-uniformity.
- Surface decoupling can actually be done independently at home.
- A small number of contraindications.
- The universality of the procedure, the ability to conduct with different types of hair.
- When the surface washes on the curls is a sparing effect.
Disadvantages of the procedure:
- Deep decoupling can only be carried out fully by an experienced master.
- After deep washing, the hair is severely damaged and loses its natural protection from the effects of environmental factors and aggressive procedures.
- It is impossible to carry out a deep washing at home, it is extremely harmful and even dangerous to hair.
- It is not always possible to get the desired final color.
- There are contraindications. So, the procedure is not suitable for severely damaged, weakened, brittle, falling hair. Do not perform pickling for allergic reactions, violation of the integrity of the scalp, during lactation and pregnancy.
- You can not lighten the color more than 4 colors.
If you decide on pickling, weigh the pros and cons of the procedure, choose a quality product for home use or find an experienced master.
Examples of interesting hairstyles with a comb
What machines are the most reliable
Bright Striped Crochet Socks
How to meet important guests
Dumplings with potatoes, bacon and onions
36 of the most beautiful bonsai trees
What is physalis
How to get to Moscow airports