Cooking delicious broccoli dishes
There are many types of cabbage. One of them is broccoli. Bright inflorescences are very fresh and look original in dishes. And if you know what and how to cook from this wonderful product, you can enjoy not only the appearance of the dish, but also its benefits and taste.
How is broccoli useful?
Is broccoli useful? Undoubtedly, and even very much!
For a start, let's dwell on the composition. That's what it contains: vitamins C (there are even more of it than citrus fruits!), K, PP, U and many others, potassium, beta-carotene, folic acid, selenium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, antioxidants , calcium, and also chlorophyll (it is found only in plants, which makes it especially valuable) and even serotonin. The composition is truly unique, so you lose a lot, if you have not yet included this amazing product in your diet.
Now we list the useful properties:
- Antioxidants, which are contained in fairly large quantities, help to protect the tissues of the body from the harmful effects of free radicals, making broccoli an effective means of preventing cancer.
- Serotonin is a hormone of happiness, so you have a good mood.
- Chlorophyll improves the composition of the blood and does not positively affect the blood formation process.
- Ascorbic acid is an excellent help for immunity. The defenses of the body will be strengthened, all diseases will recede.
- Such cabbage is able to protect against such a common disease as atherosclerosis. Broccoli, in general, is very useful for the cardiovascular system.
- Potassium strengthens the heart muscle, so that the body begins to work in full force.
- The fiber present in the composition perfectly cleanses the intestines, and also removes toxins and slags from the body. This helps to speed up the metabolism, because slags greatly slow it down.
- Almost any low-calorie diet involves the inclusion of broccoli in the menu, because in this cabbage there are very few calories (only 34 calories). So this is a great dietary side dish, which, moreover, is very tasty.
- Broccoli is nourishing, as it contains carbohydrates that give the body energy.
- Cholesterol with regular use of this product is displayed.
- For the nervous system, this cabbage is also very, very useful.
- It is proved that certain substances in the composition can protect against gastritis and gastric ulcers.
With regard to contraindications, then they have virtually no broccoli. If you do not have individual intolerance to the components (this, in general, is rare), then feel free to eat this cabbage!
How to choose and how to store?
Before you learn how to cook broccoli, it is important to figure out how to choose it correctly. After all, only a quality product will allow you to extract maximum benefit and enjoy the taste.
So what to look for when choosing?
- Colour. It should be rich, green. In some places (in particular, on the crown) green can turn into purple and violet. Do not worry, this color is due to the high content of carotene.
- All inflorescences should be dense, their legs should be whole. If the inflorescences are loose and scattered, then the cabbage began to fade.
- No darkening, blotches and other defects should not be, they say about the low quality of the product.
- Smell broccoli should be fresh herbs. Musty "flavor" - a sign of staleness.
How to store broccoli? You can put it in an airtight container and put it in the fridge,there it will stand for about a week. And some put the base of cabbage (leg) in water and then clean in the refrigerator. This can freshen cabbage and prolong shelf life. Want to make a stock? Then divide the head of cabbage into individual inflorescences, put them in a bag and put them in the freezer. In this form, cabbage can lie for several months.
How to prepare?
Before including broccoli in the composition of a dish, prepare it.
- Gently wash the head.
- If the contamination is strong, put broccoli in water for a few minutes. Such manipulations will also help to refresh the cabbage.
- Divide broccoli into inflorescences. In order not to damage them, carefully cut each inflorescence with a knife at the base of its legs.
What to cook?
What can be cooked from broccoli? A lot of tasty and healthy. This cabbage can be stewed, boiled, fried, baked in the oven and steamed. We offer you the best recipes.
Broccoli and cheese soup
You can cook a delicious and tender soup of such cabbage with the addition of cheese. You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 liter of broth (you can use, for example, chicken);
- 1 onion;
- 500 grams of broccoli (you can take both fresh and frozen);
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- 200 grams of melted or cream cheese;
- salt and seasoning to taste.
- First, wash the broccoli, divide into individual florets and boil in salted water (lay out the cabbage after boiling water). Enough 5-7 minutes. Then fold the cabbage in a colander to cool it.
- Now pour the broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Peel and chop the onion, add it after boiling the broth.
- Boil the onions for a few minutes. Meanwhile, peel and chop the garlic in a garlic press or on a blender, add it to the broth too.
- Reduce the fire to a minimum and add diced cream cheese to the broth, wait until it melts.
- Then you can add hard cheese (cut it into cubes or straws too). Cover the pan with a lid. Let the cheese melt.
- When the broth gets a uniform consistency and thickens, add broccoli.
- Add salt and seasoning to taste (for example, you can use basil or Provencal herbs), cook the soup for another 1-2 minutes.
- Grind everything on a blender, cover with a lid.
- Eat hot soup. You can optionally add crackers to it.
Broccoli salad with chicken and cherry tomatoes
To prepare such a salad, prepare the following ingredients:
- 200 grams of cherry tomatoes;
- 200 grams of broccoli;
- 200 grams of chicken fillet (for example, breasts);
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce;
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice;
- green basil;
- salt and pepper to taste.
How to cook?
- Chicken breast is better to bake in the oven in foil. After that, cut it into cubes.
- Cabbage divided into inflorescences.
- Cherry can be cut in half.
- Cook the sauce. Mix olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Chop the greens. Mix all ingredients, add salt, season with salad dressing.
Broccoli casserole with minced meat and mushrooms
This is a tasty and tender casserole. Here are the ingredients for cooking:
- 300 grams of minced meat;
- 300 grams of broccoli;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 300 grams of fresh champignons;
- 100 grams of mayonnaise;
- 100 grams of cheese (hard or fused);
- greens and salt to taste.
- In the minced meat add greens, seasonings, egg and salt. Mix everything well.
- Broccoli divide into inflorescences.
- Mushrooms cut into plates.
- Prepare a dressing. To do this, grate the cheese, mix it with mayonnaise, add the egg, whisk everything thoroughly.
- Now take a baking sheet and grease its bottom with butter.
- Spread a layer of minced meat, smooth it.
- Next put cabbage, and then mushrooms.
- Pour all ingredients dressing.
- Bake everything in the oven for about 40 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees.
Vegetarian desserts on the festive table: dishes of fruit and nuts for the New Year 2015
Scrapbook postcard for mom
How to choose the right home sofa
Hours on IN-12A gas-discharge indicators
Flared pants: 5 stylish models from the mass market for the summer
How to draw a valentine on paper