Cherry and chocolate Biscotti recipe
Dec 5, 2006
Pairing rich cocoa with tart dried cherries makes the beloved crunchy twice-baked Italian cookie even more appealing.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Cook Time: 0 hours 30
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 c. margarine or butter
1 tsp. instant espresso-coffee powder
3/4 c. dried tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour large cookie sheet. Into large bowl, measure flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar with margarine or butter until creamy. At low speed, add eggs, 1 at a time, then chocolate, and beat until mixed.
- Dissolve espresso-coffee powder in 1 teaspoon hot water; beat into chocolate mixture. Add flour mixture, and beat just until blended. With hand, knead in cherries until combined.
- On floured surface, with floured hands, divide dough in half. Shape each half into a 12" by 3" log. With pastry brush, brush off excess flour. Place logs, about 3 inches apart, on cookie sheet. Bake logs 30 minutes. Cool logs on cookie sheet on wire rack 10 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Place 1 log on cutting board. With serrated knife, cut log crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick diagonal slices. Repeat with remaining log. Place slices, cut side down, on same cookie sheet. Bake slices 20 to 25 minutes to allow biscotti to dry out. Remove biscotti to wire racks to cool completely. (Biscotti will harden as they cool.) Store biscotti in tightly covered container.
Video: Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com
The Next Street Style Star Is Here—and Shes Only 15
7 Tips for Managing Heart Failure Symptoms
Rose-Scented Macaroons Recipe
Veteran Magically Reunited With 70-Year-Old Love Letter He Wrote His Future Wife While Overseas
Selena Gomez Just Had a Major PhotoshopFail
How to Handcuff a Person
What to Do When Your Mom is Diagnosed with Cancer
How to Write a Good Country Song
Hottest Sneakers Of The Week 10.02.17
Which Is Healthier: Kale Or Spinach
New website will rate IVF clinics by birth success
Orthopedic Oncologists and Bone Cancer
Date: 06.12.2018, 03:52 / Views: 83195