How to Make Swiss Chard, Onion, and Gruyere Quiche - Best Quiche Recipe
Chard and Mushroom Quiche Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425F. Very generously grease a pie pan about 9 inches x 1 ¼ inches deep.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, thaw potatoes on 50 percent power or defrost cycle, just until thawed but cool (a few frozen shreds are fine). Alternatively, place frozen hash browns in a bowl and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place a double layer of paper towels several sheets wide on a work surface. Spread potatoes in a thin layer. Top with more paper towels and press down to extract water. Potatoes will be reduced to 2 cups. Reserve paper towels to use again for drying the cooked chard.
- Press potatoes over the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan to the rim. Spray potatoes with baking spray or lightly brush with oil. Bake on the middle rack in the oven and bake until potatoes are medium golden brown around the top edge, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Turn the oven down to 400F.
- While the crust is baking, in a small bowl, soak sun-dried tomatoes in 1/2 cup of boiling water until pliable, about 10 minutes. Drain and finely chop.
- In a 1 or 2-quart saucepan with a lid, stir together the Swiss chard and the remaining ½ cup water. Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until leaves are wilted and soft, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove leaves, leaving the liquid behind, and allow them to cool slightly. Pile leaves in a mound, wrap in the same paper towels used for potatoes and press to remove excess water. Finely chop the chard to make ½ cup.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Stir in chives, basil, sage, salt and black pepper. Spread chard, mushrooms, cheese, and chopped sundried tomatoes evenly over the partially baked crust. Pour egg mixture on top, filling to the rim. It may go over the edges of the potato crust.
- Bake until the top of the quiche is deep golden brown around the edges and quiche puffs up a little in the middle, 20 to 25 minutes.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
If chard isn't available, use baby spinach or beet greens instead.
Replace Cheddar with Swiss cheese, Gouda, or other aged cheese.
One-fourth cup fresh chopped dill can be used in place of dried basil and sage.
Stick to canned tomatoes, as they are lower in FODMAPs than fresh.
Video: Valencia Youth Teaches Us How to Make a Swiss Chard and Mushroom Quiche
Ray Dalio says the economy looks like 1937 and a downturn is coming in about two years
The 1980s Singer Who Is So on Trend for Now
Céline Dion Channeled Rihanna When Asked About Her Dating Life
8 Benefits Of Eating Raisins During Pregnancy
List of Top 5 Most Effective Ab Workouts
How to Stop Unwanted Faxes
How to Treat ADHD Naturally in Children
How to Deal with 10 Types of Difficult Bosses
Classic Christmas Tree Dinner Paper Napkins, 16ct
J.Lo in Jil
Bets On Tom Hiddleston As The Next James Bond Are High