Ayuverda - what is it and what is it for?
Beauty and health, perhaps, worried all people from the most ancient times. That is why there are many teachings about these aspects. For example, one of these teachings is Ayurveda. And what is it? What is it for?
What it is?
So, Ayurveda is a teaching about life. And life, as you know, is multifaceted, so that this science includes many areas.
Where did it come from? It is believed that the birthplace of this doctrine is India, it is there people at all times paid special attention to the integrity of the essence of man, which consists of several interrelated parts. So, there are several aspects:
- Atma (soul). This is a kind of natural principle, which is expressed in a combination of views on the universe, worldviews, uniform for all principles of existence, certain unspoken rules and canons. A person must realize his place in the world, understand why he lives and exists.
- Manas (mind, mind). In the teaching it is said that any actions and actions of a person first arise in his head, in his thoughts.And if atma is a point of departure, some kind of directing force, then manas seems to give orders to the body. If the thoughts are bad, there will be no normal life. Good thoughts give good health, happiness and harmony.
- Indriyas are human feelings. They are able to connect the mind with the outside world through sounds, images, tactile sensations. All this in a certain way affects the mind, then the person is determined with his goals and aspirations.
- Sharira is a human body that provides the connection of the soul with this world. It is the body that helps a person to influence the world.
According to Ayurveda, all four components must be in unity, only then you can achieve harmony.
What is it for?
Why, in general, do you need this teaching about life? Everyone has to decide for himself. Some, for example, strive for spiritual harmony, and Ayurveda is able to give it. Others improve the body and use the principles of Ayurvedic nutrition for weight loss. And that makes sense too. Still others want to understand the meaning of life and take their own place in it.
The teaching will help to understand all this. Some want to improve their health and get rid of diseases.In this science of life, too, will certainly help. In general, life consists of many components. And each of them has a place in Ayurveda, each of them is given attention, since there are many directions of teaching.
What is Ayurveda? This is a whole science about all life aspects and their unity. This doctrine has fundamental principles:
- Balance. Only those who are able to maintain a balance between the soul, mind, body and feelings can live in harmony and be healthy. For example, yoga helps strengthen the spirit, improve the body, sharpen the senses and purify the soul. So many who adhere to the principles of Ayurveda, do yoga.
- Each person is special, each is an individual. So, it is believed that each of us has its own special constitution, which must be maintained in an optimal state. What is useful for one can hurt another. This means that your diet, your lifestyle needs to be adapted to the external environment, to the environment. If this is not done, then an imbalance may occur, which will certainly break the harmony.
- We are what we eat.Adherents of this doctrine believe that the treatment of the soul, body, mind and thoughts involves not only the maintenance of a certain lifestyle, but also the nutrition of certain products. But It is worth noting that such products for different people may be different.
Types of people in Ayurveda
In this teaching different types of people are distinguished. There are only three:
- Watt (wind). People of this type often have a rather thin physique, thin hair, skin, nails. In addition, they quickly move, grasp everything literally on the fly, but almost immediately all forget. People of this type do not tolerate cold, they can not get warm. Metabolism is fast, so that excess weight is out of the question. If you believe this doctrine, then the diet of such people should include the following products: nuts, rice, buckwheat, dairy products. But it is worth limiting the number of raw vegetables, apples (especially sour), soybeans, as well as peppers (from the seasonings nutmeg and cardamom are allowed).
- Pitta (fire). People of this type have a normal average build. The nature of the explosive: a person can often come to anger, angry, show aggression. The hair is usually light, thin, there are many moles on the skin, the skin has a pinkish tint and is prone to redness (for example, due to overheating).A person of this type does not tolerate heat and thirst, as well as hunger (he is just painful). Preferred foods: legumes, asparagus, cauliflower, celery, milk. Coriander, mint, dill and cinnamon are allowed from the seasonings. And from red meat, nuts and saffron is worth abandoning.
- Kapha (mucus). Such people are usually prone to corpulence due to slower metabolism. Gaining weight, they are easy, but get rid of it with difficulty. A person of this type is slow and sometimes lazy, but he is confident in himself, balanced and peaceful. The diet should be made with special care. It is worth eating brown rice, soy cheese, and legumes. The number of sweets, chicken, white rice and pork should be limited. The optimal seasoning is ginger.
Principles of nutrition
If you believe this doctrine, the diet should be based on the time of year. Therefore, there are four options:
- Autumn. It is light, empty, cold and uneven. So it is worth eating more cereals, cereals, thick soups, certainly add meat to the dishes. But it is better to forget about salads for a while, process vegetables thermally. The amount of coffee and tea limit, it is better to drink more herbal decoctions.
- Winters are cold and hard. Reinforce your body with cereals and soups. You can use winter seasonings: ginger, cinnamon, cloves.
- In spring, nature awakens, you need to awaken your body. So it is better not to use sour, salty and fatty foods, as well as sweet or flour. Use legumes, radishes, radishes, garlic, turkey, chicken, as well as berries and fruits.
- Summer is often hot. It is better at this time of year to use light fruit (but not citrus and not sour), greens, asparagus, cabbage, basmati rice. Sour cream and cheese is best not to eat.
According to Ayurveda, there are daily biorhythms. Total day is divided into several periods:
- Kafa lasts from 6 to 10 hours. During this period calm is celebrated. As a rule, the body is heavy, there is apathy.
- The Pitt period lasts from 10 to 14 hours. The sun is high, so that people feel a strong hunger. Digestion is especially good, as are metabolic processes.
- The Vata period is characterized by movement, at this stage the highest activity is observed.
If you want to choose cosmetic products or biologically active additives, then consider your features.And remember that oil, cream and stuff should be purchased only in trusted stores.
Harmony to you, peace and health!
A flower-covered carpet with a crochet
How to connect the injector
Napkin made of plastic bottles
Foam varnish for painting concrete floor
How to safely and profitably rent an apartment
11 Cannes Film Festival films worth the wait