Get Healthy, Lose Weight & Reduce Stress with Superfoods! Simple Tips, Health Foods, Belly Fat
30 Days Of Superfoods: Almonds To Ease Headaches
HOW TO PREPARE ALMONDS:
No prep needed: Just open a bag and bite in! That said, almonds come in a , including whole (great for snacking), flaked (try it on yogurt or oatmeal), and diced (nice in baked goods). And of course, there's also almond butter, almond milk (you can make your own easily), and almond oil!
This banana almond protein smoothie is a morning must:
ALMOND RECIPES WE LOVE:
Almond Lover's Hummus
Believe it or not, adding a splash of almond milk to your favorite chickpea-based dip can make it even better! This recipe, created by Jackie Newgent, RDN, for the Almond Board of California, shows you how.
- ⅔ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1- 15oz can no-salt-added chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup unsalted, creamy almond butter
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon (2 tablespoons juice)
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (divided)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons sliced natural almonds, pan-toasted
- Add the almond milk to a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the almond milk reduction, chickpeas, almond butter, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, cumin, and 1/8 teaspoon of the cayenne to a high-power blender or food processor container. Cover and puree on high speed until creamy, at least 2 minutes. (Note: If desire a thinner consistency, drizzle in additional almond milk by the teaspoon.)
- Spoon into a serving bowl, cover, and chill until ready to serve. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon cayenne and almonds, and serve.
MORE:9 Surprising Ways To Eat Hummus (Other Than As Dip)
Almond Butter Salad Dressing
We like this atop a kale salad, but it's versatile enough to use on other greens and veggies as well.
- ¼ cup smooth almond butter
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk ingredients together along with 2 Tbsp warm water.
- Toss with your favorite salad. Leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
MORE:9 Healthier Recipes You Can Make With Almond Butter
Healthy Trail Mix
This DIY snack is packed with nutrition you can take to-go.
- 1 Tbsp dried tart cherries
- 1 Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp sliced almonds
- 4 dried apricots, sliced
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 dried figs, quartered
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and transfer to a jar or storage bag. Makes 2 servings.
Video: 15 Superfoods For Weight Loss
3 Science-Backed Reasons Not To Take A Multivitamin
How to Get Noticed at a New Middle School
12 Foods That Fight Signs of Aging
Casa del Capitel Nazari, Granada
Meghan Markle comforts a nervous 5-year-old in New Zealand
Natural kitchen ingredients for face cleanser
How to Wear a Mini Skirt
How to Keep Your Sense of Humor While Traveling
Exclusive: Why Sofia Richie Is Fashion’s Next Big Thing
Sexy Beard Styles – 50 Latest Beard Styling Ideas for Swag
25 Candy-Colored Bags to Sweeten Up YourSpring
The 10 Best Albums of 2019
How to Become Your Own Accounting Clerk